Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lara can not get the fights he wants at 154, why not move to 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    Never once said the khan fight was good. Not once. And u clearly don't understand what I'm saying. He should not be expected to continuously fight guys bigger than him on the hopes that one of these guys beat him. Wtf is that? This is boxing. He's fought at 154 3x now. He's beat 3 fighters at that weight, all world class and all bigger than him. So he should keep doing it until he loses? Do u understand horlw ******ed u sound? As long as hes fighting the best fighters at his weight class, what more can be expected. Khan is not included in that. But are he to fight the lineal 140lb champ that should be a cherry pick rite? ******ism at its best.
    No, he should keep doing it because he is regarded as the best and should be held to a higher standard than other fighters and as long as he is active and wants to retain that status should have to keep proving it, I already explained why at this time Garcia would be a cherrypick.

It seems like you just want to see Floyd keep winning regardless of quality of opposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Danny Garcia reach 68 1/2"

Floyd Mayweather reach 72"

Erislandy Lara reach 75"

Reach is historically the biggest predictor in how far up a fighter can successfully move in weight.

Floyd is closer in size to Lara than he is to Garcia.
      Historically, you say?

So Celestine Caballero (73 inch reach) is close to Lara's size also?

Mike Tyson (71 inch reach) smaller than Mayweather? (72 inch reach)

Sandy Saddler (70 inch reach) similar size to Tim Bradley? (69 inch reach)

I think weight might be a good indicator.

Danny Garcia on fight night in his last fight - 150 lbs.

Floyd Mayweather on fight night in his last fight - 150 lbs.

Erislandy Lara on fight night in his last fight - 164 lbs.

It's pretty obvious that Mayweather and Garcia are closer in size as opposed to Lara and Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        Never once said the khan fight was good. Not once. And u clearly don't understand what I'm saying. He should not be expected to continuously fight guys bigger than him on the hopes that one of these guys beat him. Wtf is that? This is boxing. He's fought at 154 3x now. He's beat 3 fighters at that weight, all world class and all bigger than him. So he should keep doing it until he loses? Do u understand horlw ******ed u sound? As long as hes fighting the best fighters at his weight class, what more can be expected. Khan is not included in that. But are he to fight the lineal 140lb champ that should be a cherry pick rite? ******ism at its best.
        ok but when has he done that? pac was the best for years and he didn't want any part of him yet when flukes like mosley and baldomir are "the best" the fight gets made easily. lets see what win is worth more? beating a guy who has been #1 for years and destroyed a bunch of good fighters or beating a guy who was #1 for 1 fight and looked like crap before and after floyd fought him? tough choice

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
          Thats like people saying that JLC is the way to beat Floyd. Its like Malignaggi says, how long ago was that fight. Do you guys think Floyd hasnt improved? The same stuff that worked back then is not going to be easy to work against him now.

Its the same with the Southpaw stuff. People heard the Southpaw hype back in the day and cant get it out there head. He's looked much better in every single fight against Southpaws. Also, Mitchell didnt land anything on Floyd. If he did its only because Floyd had no respect for him and was just going to walk through him.

Floyd has more power & combo punching then you give him credit for but you arent going to land a ton of combos on a Southpaw. Ive always said there is only 2 ways to beat Floyd. If youre a righty you have no chance unless you are so big that Floyd just cant overcome it. He has mastered his D too much to get beat by a righty unless you are so big & strong like maybe a triple G.[/B]

Or you are a southpaw that catches him with a something that either stops him or hurts him for a long time like Forrest did Mosley in their first fight. Thats why guys like Lara, Sergio, Pac will always have the best shot but Floyd is still better then them at everything and you wouldnt think any of the 3 had any kinda chance if they werent Southpaws. Its a huge advantage
          Come on dude cut the ****. A prime Mosley would have ko'd floyd at 147 that was clear from their fight and Delahoya prob would have beat him to. At 147 Floyds wins are better displays of matchmaking then greatness

Comment

• So basically this thread turned out to be:

"I don't want Floyd to fight Lara he too big for JMW!"

He needs to move up to 160!

* if Cotto beats Sergio* "yes I defend Floyd fighting Cotto at 155 for the MW title!" - Floyd fans

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
              Come on dude cut the ****. A prime Mosley would have ko'd floyd at 147 that was clear from their fight and Delahoya prob would have beat him to. At 147 Floyds wins are better displays of matchmaking then greatness
              matchmaking is greatness. when someone flukes a win here comes floyd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg he beat a young lion..........back to retirement to await his next fluke victim

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
                you know what is soooo funnny on these boards. As soon as people start talking about Floyd fighting someone like Garcia, the very 1st thing that comes back is "he's a 140 pound fighter". Yet if someone argues that Floyd is only 150 on fight night when it comes to him fighitng guys who are 170 then no one wants to hear it. Garcia is bigger than floyd on fight night but people want to bring up the weight in Garcias defense somehow. Floyd is 20-25 pounds smaller than the other guys people name yet they dont want to hear about the weight in Floyd's defense. I dont get it. Must be pure hate.
                Garcia never fought at 147. Floyd is the champ at 154.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                  Garcia never fought at 147. Floyd is the champ at 154.
                  He's fought more above 140 than he has at 140.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    So basically this thread turned out to be:

"I don't want Floyd to fight Lara he too big for JMW!"

He needs to move up to 160!

* if Cotto beats Sergio* "yes I defend Floyd fighting Cotto at 155 for the MW title!" - Floyd fans
                    floyd's already risked his life 3 times by fighting at 154 and 152. i don't think he should risk his life by fighting their again. and can you imagine if he fought someone with talent? he could be in actual danger

Comment

• Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                      You're ****ing ******ed larry.

Floyd can't fight the fighters in the division in which he's a champion in, but Lara should move to 160??

The way you worship and protect Floyd is really getting on the **** side.
                      very well said

Comment

Working...
                      X