No announcement yet.

Canelo's fighting El Perro would be the biggest mistake in his career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo's fighting El Perro would be the biggest mistake in his career

So Alvarez had been exposed by Floyd that he's not as good as what he seems to look on paper.

And he wants to redeem himself or boost his confidence by fighting a very hittable boxer but tough as nail Angulo.

For sure, Angulo is entering the ring with high spirit despite his loss to Lara, who seemed to be too slick for him and yet was KOed twice by this brawler(hadn't Alfredo injured his eye, who knows what happened).

Come fight night, both boxers will prove something to the people.

If Angulo loses, that's expected because brawlers don't box. However, if Canelo loses that's two consecutive and the latest comes from a lamppost like fighter.

And if Alvarez wins...well a victory against a stationary fighter wouldn't boost his morale.

You have to wonder if fighting one minute per round is going to cut it for Canelo against Angulo.

Comment

Canelo is going to look like thw second coming of Christ against Angulo come on led. Oh wait. Totally Led you know what your talking about true boxing fan not one of these jknny come latelys.

Comment

Angulo has the tools to stop Canelo, especially in the later rounds. Is this going to be a 10 or 12 rounder?

On the other hand, Angulo is almost made to order for Canelo.. if Canelo can keep his movement up the slow plodding Angulo will make perfect practice for Canelo to plant his feet, shoot a combination and get out the way, turn Angulo, repeat. If he can make Angulo gun shy before the mid rounds it should be easy for Canelo to cruise.

The difference is Angulo won't have to chase someone looked at as a runner, but he may be scared as he notices Canelo is willing to plant his feet and trade with him but as well box him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          Canelo is going to look like thw second coming of Christ against Angulo come on led. Oh wait. Totally Led you know what your talking about true boxing fan not one of these jknny come latelys.

Canelo just might...but then what happens if he still hasn't put away Angulo by the 5th round? right around the time his stamina fails him again?

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if Angulo pulls off the upset (if you can even call it that)

Angulo's going to give it his all in this fight, he has a lot more to lose than Canelo does. One thing for sure is he's not going to quit like he did in his last fight. He took A LOT of criticism and lost a lot of fans after quitting. In this fight he's going to do everything he can to try to get that respect back.

War Angulo!

Comment

Great fight. Both have something to prove. The longer I've been analysing the fight the more I give the edge to canelo. At 1st I thought Angulo but then I realize that Perro is tough but he has a breaking point and is not like margarito who will keep coming no matter what.

It's just a matter of can canelo take him to that breaking point. I think if canelo puts a lot of power on his shots and not dance around like he did with Floyd then he can shatter Angulo's will because Angulo is there to be hit. If he lets Angulo gain confidence and does not hurt him early then canelo will be in trouble late. But like I said I favor canelo 70-30.

If Angulo fought to the finish against lara and lost then I would have favored him but he didn't. He said no mas and although it was the right thing to do it also showed that he can break.
              Last edited by johncods; 01-20-2014, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Angulo has the power and maybe just enough boxing skills to trap Canelo when he lays up on the ropes to possibly KO him. Let him try that Berto-ish attempt at the shoulder roll like he did with Alfonso Gomez...

Angulo ain't no feather fisted bum, he will hurt the ginger.

With that said, this is a no-win situation for Canelo, I too feel Canelo fighting Angulo may end up being a big mistake.

Comment

Canelo is gonna make thins look easy and the hype will roll on. U guys grossly overrate Angulo.

Comment

If Canelo loses, wow, what a huge hit to his career it would be.

Losing to Floyd Mayweather alone shouldn't drop your stock obviously, but more so how he lost that fight. Canelo barely put up a better fight than Robert Guerrero. But still, Floyd makes most everybody look bad. So it's still forgivable.

But a loss to Angulo here would be a pretty devastating blow.

Comment

Working...
                    X