Collapse
No announcement yet.

If floyed doesn't stop khan but still wins will that look bad for FMJ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We know he's not knocking him out so get that straight. Also, Floyd doesn't chase guys so this is going to be an awful match with Kahn trying to pop shot and get out, rinse and repeat. Floyd's style won't look good against Kahn, regardless of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      It's different though because Guererro was the #2 at WW and pretty much the best available option.

Khan's not even close.

And there's no way Mayweather fights at 160. I doubt he even fights at 154 again.
      Isn't Khan somehow ranked #2 at WW? Don't ask me how, just I heard that was the case.

Comment

The flip side to all of this is that Sr. is back. I still think he is the main guy in Floyd's ear who is like "F what the people think. Get paid and dont get hurt. If they going to pay you 30mil to fight guys like Khan, then fight guys like Khan. Easy money, smart business".

I dont even think the Canelo fight wouldve been a CW if it wasnt for Sr. I could see him also saying to stay away from top notch Southpaws like Sergio, Lara, Pac, just because they are Southpaw.

To me its either one of the 2. If he fights khan then he is either fighting someone great next or Sr. is pushing him to get money and be smart. Cant blame him though. If someone is gonna give you the same amount of money for fighting Khan or Lara then who are you going to take? He'll probably even get more for fighting Khan. Its bad for fans but you have to put yourself in these guys shoes. If they are going to pay me big for certain fights then Ill take them all day....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
          Isn't Khan somehow ranked #2 at WW? Don't ask me how, just I heard that was the case.
          Maybe by a sanctioning body but not by any actual ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            The flip side to all of this is that Sr. is back. I still think he is the main guy in Floyd's ear who is like "F what the people think. Get paid and dont get hurt. If they going to pay you 30mil to fight guys like Khan, then fight guys like Khan. Easy money, smart business".

I dont even think the Canelo fight wouldve been a CW if it wasnt for Sr. I could see him also saying to stay away from top notch Southpaws like Sergio, Lara, Pac, just because they are Southpaw.

To me its either one of the 2. If he fights khan then he is either fighting someone great next or Sr. is pushing him to get money and be smart. Cant blame him though. If someone is gonna give you the same amount of money for fighting Khan or Lara then who are you going to take? He'll probably even get more for fighting Khan. Its bad for fans but you have to put yourself in these guys shoes. If they are going to pay me big for certain fights then Ill take them all day....lol
            Sr is the one pushing Floyd in directions that make him look like a fool. Floyd does not listen to his father when it comes to life, but he does when it comes to Boxing. Like you point out it was SR that pushed the idea of a catch weight that was clearly not needed in the Canelo fight. He's also a big part of pushing for Khan, there are many videos of him talking about fighting Khan for dumb reasons.

Also he's on video saying Floyd should not fight Sergio at 160. Trust me if SR was all for it, Floyd would be fighting Sergio in May. No more perfect time to fight Sergio, even Cotto see's that.

Also Sr was the one that started the whole steroids thing about Manny, and Floyd followed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
              If floyed out boxes khan but doesn't KO or drop him ..will that look bad for Floyd and make him seem even more feather fisted?
              Yup, Khan's bum and that's as cut and dry as anyone can get. Amir Khan is a worthless two bit glorified cab driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                We know he's not knocking him out so get that straight. Also, Floyd doesn't chase guys so this is going to be an awful match with Kahn trying to pop shot and get out, rinse and repeat. Floyd's style won't look good against Kahn, regardless of winning.
                I agree.

And let's say he does knock him out, it's not going to be early.

So even if he does knock him out people are going to say "Well you couldn't do it as quick as Garcia".

Comment

Why would people expect a stoppage? I don't understand. I have been saying since the first rumor, that Floyd is not stopping Khan. Not every one stops Khan or drops Khan. Maidana and Peterson hit Khan with everything but never even dropped him once. You have to not only catch Khan cold, but you have to be a puncher to begin with. Floyd can catch him cold, but he is not a puncher and Khan is bigger than Floyd. So people need to stop with that KO talk when it comes to Floyd vs Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Why would people expect a stoppage? I don't understand. I have been saying since the first rumor, that Floyd is not stopping Khan. Not every one stops Khan or drops Khan. Maidana and Peterson hit Khan with everything but never even dropped him once. You have to not only catch Khan cold, but you have to be a puncher to begin with. Floyd can catch him cold, but he is not a puncher and Khan is bigger than Floyd. So people need to stop with that KO talk when it comes to Floyd vs Khan.
                    I don't see a KO either.

I think a KO is possible late and Floyd probably hurts him at some point but I don't see a stoppage.

Look at all the blows it took Danny to knock out Khan's with. He literally hit him with like 30 or so hard solid clean punches and he still got stopped on his feet.

That's another reason why this fight's lose lose because when he doesn't stop him that's going to be a huge outcry.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
                      Sr is the one pushing Floyd in directions that make him look like a fool. Floyd does not listen to his father when it comes to life, but he does when it comes to Boxing. Like you point out it was SR that pushed the idea of a catch weight that was clearly not needed in the Canelo fight. He's also a big part of pushing for Khan, there are many videos of him talking about fighting Khan for dumb reasons.

Also he's on video saying Floyd should not fight Sergio at 160. Trust me if SR was all for it, Floyd would be fighting Sergio in May. No more perfect time to fight Sergio, even Cotto see's that.

Also Sr was the one that started the whole steroids thing about Manny, and Floyd followed.
                      This I agree with 100% Floyd trust his father boxing eye alot more than people think listen to Floyd before the Marquez fight about Manny he was ready to go no tests. Once his father thought Manny was on roids it all went downhill ffrom that.

Comment

Working...
                      X