No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: September 2015 Will Be My Last Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TLC8 View Post
    Moronic rant????? take a look at your own comments. You can't be more off base.... Nobody cares about PPV except the guy getting paid. Has nothing to do with your greatness. Floyd Mayweather could never last in the ring with Hagler or Leonard or Hearns or Duran in their prime. Pryor didn't have to fight Arguello AT ALL... EVER... but they both wanted to fight the best and they fought each other. He could have relinquished his belt and not given Arguello a rematch. Mayweather has been a real joke in Boxing. I could care less if he came up 5 divisions versus Hearns and Leonard moving up from '47 to '75, count your own divisions there... the fact remains the level of competition, who they chose to fight and when. 19 world champions Floyd fought, but who and when.... He made Cotto and Mosley wait more than 10 years to fight, well past their prime. He wouldn't fight Pacquiao in his prime. End your rant. You convince nobody Floyd is credible. This stupid comment years ago fighters had no say in who they fought...... LOL. Nobody told Ray Leonard or marvin Hagler who they were fighting.... nobody told Ali who he was fighting... they fought the best, multiple times if need be. Floyd won't do any of that, and nobody tells him who he has to fight either... and it shows.

You're obviously too stupid to continue commenting with.
    You clearly have no knowledge of boxing prior to Pacquiaos rise.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
      Poor Showtime. They'll go broke in no time with this fake PPV king.
      They're spending more than they make with this guy.
      He has to be promoted heavily and supported with expensive undercards.
      He's supposed to make them truckloads of money on his own.
      It's like buying a ref without a freezer. You still have to buy it separately.
      No wonder they're not producing fights as fast as they should.
      They're putting all their eggs on this guy's basket. They want Pac, but
      this guy is playing his Arum card. Poor Espinoza.

Where the hell is Matthysse, Guerrero, Ortiz, Berto, and many others.
      Where's the so-called deep division? It seems to be in name only.
      Are you serious or just here to hate on Floyd?
      Show time couldn't be happier with their rise in ratings the last two years.

Comment

YOu certainly can't be calling Mayweather a "world class fighter"..... LOL. OMG.... this guy has been a world class hand picker of opponents, and a real horse's azz in Boxing.
        That was such an ignorant statement, but I'm not really surprised at all. You people prove your stupidity every time u post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          LMAO,ok..No matter what I say you've already made up your mind..

Floyd will go down as one of the greatest fighters of all time..You disputing that only let's me know I can not take you serious at all..
          Only said in the end. If his next four fights are gonna be Khan type opponents and doesn't fight the biggest and the best like he keeps saying, its going to hurt his legacy in the end.

I said Floyd isn't classy and he doesn't give a **** about helping the sport and hasn't done much to help it. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt over the years but he just keeps opening his mouth.

To say my minds made up without even trying is typical of someone who doesn't have an argument. Floyd is a great fighter but he's more entertaining being a fool out of the ring. You're the one who said he was classy. Sucker punches, taking shots on social media, showing all your expensive purchases and going to jail is anything but class. I'm asking you to back up your words and you say my minds made up so you won't answer?

Comment

• Originally posted by JLBlades View Post
            Only said in the end. If his next four fights are gonna be Khan type opponents and doesn't fight the biggest and the best like he keeps saying, its going to hurt his legacy in the end.

I said Floyd isn't classy and he doesn't give a **** about helping the sport and hasn't done much to help it. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt over the years but he just keeps opening his mouth.

To say my minds made up without even trying is typical of someone who doesn't have an argument. Floyd is a great fighter but he's more entertaining being a fool out of the ring. You're the one who said he was classy. Sucker punches, taking shots on social media, showing all your expensive purchases and going to jail is anything but class. I'm asking you to back up your words and you say my minds made up so you won't answer?
            1.The 24/7 series that he helped get off the ground..That now helps young fighters connect with the boxing fans around the world..

2.The all access series that does the same thing, also help get off the ground by Mayweather..

3.How much attention has Floyd brought to the sport, hell he's still bringing attention as we speak..

4.How much money has Floyd made not only for himself but for the sport as well?? The dude is involved in two of the biggest ppv of all time..

You mentioned Floyd sucker punching a sucker..This is boxing,a sport you don't play bro..Ortiz made his bed, I took no issue with what Floyd did..I actually was happy he did it..Ortiz obvious head butt was the true disgrace not the punch by Floyd IMO..

Mayweather is no saint, but hell neither was Ali Leonard Duran etc etc, does that mean that they are not atg fighters, it also does not mean they are not classy..What Broner did to Paulie M was classless..I've never seen Floyd do anything like that, Floyd IMO has been class act..Don't mistake out spoken for not having class..

You may not agree with anything in this post or the last one..Which is the reason I said your mind is made up..Not a bad thing, its your opinion bro..

One more thing, Mayweather opponents have been as good as anybody in these past yrs..Oh and the Khan fight has not been finalized yet..You don't even know ofthat'swho he's fighting next..
            Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 01-18-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Lol at gur, weight drained canelo, and Ortiz being good

Desperate stuff from Floyd fans, these guys are c level fighters

Neither will go down as hof or even the top 200

Good fighters are a prime cotto, Morales, Barrera,Marquez in good condition, Margo and even clottey

Clottey would have killed gur, Ortiz and Khan at 147

Adios

Comment

• Even if Manny has lost a step/lost focus the last few years, they still have to fight before final retirement. It's ridiculous that they have danced around each other for this long.

Had they fought 10 years ago? Floyd wins easily.
                Had they fought 3-5 years ago? Manny wins handily.
                If they fight between now and retirement? Both are past their prime and it won't really matter.

Even so, the sport needs it. MMA has hit a lull, and boxing has a chance to climb back up the ranks of relevant sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brassangel View Post
                  Even if Manny has lost a step/lost focus the last few years, they still have to fight before final retirement. It's ridiculous that they have danced around each other for this long.

Had they fought 10 years ago? Floyd wins easily.
                  Had they fought 3-5 years ago? Manny wins handily.
                  If they fight between now and retirement? Both are past their prime and it won't really matter.

Even so, the sport needs it. MMA has hit a lull, and boxing has a chance to climb back up the ranks of relevant sport.
                  MMA has never been on the same level a boxing..

Comment

Don't be stupid... Andre Ward is not a real stretch. Hell Leonard went up after a 5 year retirement and no tune up fight to fight Hagler. Hearns had 3 epic rounds of war with Hagler. Both went all the way up and fought at 175 looking for challenges. Floyd thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread... ball up and go fight Gennady at 160!!! They go fight Ward.... Floyd is a huge puzzy caring nothing more than lots of money and little risk. He's playing a different game than the legends before him. Hell, Hagler could have done the same thing, and retired undefeated. Leonard could have done the same thing.... he didn't need to fight Tommy Hearns twice, he didn't need to fight Roberto Duran twice. Duran didn't need to give Leonard a rematch after he won the first fight. Duran didn't need to fight Hagler, he didn't need to fight Tommy Hearns which got him knocked out.... He didn't need to take all those risks. All these guys could have hung around and waited until the others turned 40, or had too many wars, then pick them so to put their big names on his resume. But that's not how those guys rolled. That's how Floyd rolls. Aaron Pryor didn't need to give Arguello a rematch after their first fight, but he did. So when you make these stupid comments how Floyd changed the game... he really did... he made it about the money with little risk as possible. Be strategic WHO you fight and WHEN you fight them. Nothing credible about that.... Ali & Frazier, Ali & Norton, Ali & Foreman, Frazier & Foreman, Holyfield & Bowe 3x, Holyfield & Tyson twice.... those guys didn't need to take all that risk, but they were legends of Boxing, and that's what Legends do.

Why dont you call on Pac to fight GGG, S.Martinez, Lara or Ward? He fights in the same weight class as Money May.. 47-54, Albeit with catchweights. But im sure it would be better then fighter 140lbers coming off big losses right?

Comment

• Same old same old story.

Comment

Working...
                      X