No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr actually look like he's on okay shape for once

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    If you are a boxing fan you should be rooting for Chavez Jr and I will tell you why.

First off, there's this misconception that Jr is a bum, far from it. He went 12 rounds with a very good version of Martinez and had him all but KO'd in the last round.

Second, while he may not be what his father was (and never will be) he's a good fighter when he comes in shape and prepares for a fight. He's made big strides in the last few years and has improved, the problem is his weight and work ethic which I will agree is terrible.

If Chavez does manage to get his **** together, we could see some big time fights that would be great for the sport. He has a great chin, power and could at least make some interesting fights at 168 and up.

If Vera wins, we see a journeyman fighter (no disrespect to Vera) move on to what? No big fights or interests there for Vera, let's be real.
    Its hard to root for a spoon fed baby who constantly disrespects the sport and makes a living off of his father's name. What I like about boxing is no matter what adversity you come from you can overcome and be a great fighter with strong will and dedication to the craft.

Comment

If you are a boxing fan you should be rooting for Chavez Jr and I will tell you why.

First off, there's this misconception that Jr is a bum, far from it. He went 12 rounds with a very good version of Martinez and had him all but KO'd in the last round.

Second, while he may not be what his father was (and never will be) he's a good fighter when he comes in shape and prepares for a fight. He's made big strides in the last few years and has improved, the problem is his weight and work ethic which I will agree is terrible.

If Chavez does manage to get his **** together, we could see some big time fights that would be great for the sport. He has a great chin, power and could at least make some interesting fights at 168 and up.

If Vera wins, we see a journeyman fighter (no disrespect to Vera) move on to what? No big fights or interests there for Vera, let's be real.
      Why should we root for somebody who doesn't respect the sport at all? That weight discrepancy wasn't the fist strike

Comment

Ha, all boxing fans, throw away your free will. If you are a boxing fan, you must support Chavez. Cuauhtemoc here is telling us why.

Sorry dude, no, no one 'has' to do anything. I and many people as is apparent, began dis-respecting him only when he dis-respected the sport with his behaviours. By this I include smoking pot and it coming up in a drugs test, not turning up for training sessions with Roach, not training properly for one of his biggest fights, being too stubborn to at times accept his fathers advice, gaining a lot of weight in between fights, not taking his athletic commitments seriously, seriously messing around another competitor by moving the weight limit 3 times, proceeding to say that it should be no big deal despite the fact he signed contracts for a certain weight.

As a boxing fan I care far more for some of these things, as-well what I percieve to be a negative impact on other fights around the weight classes if he wins, because Ward or Froch will IMO knowingly cash out on his name for an easy win spoiling other more meaninful fights for them.

Oh, and I like Martinez, but he's slowing down and is overrated. He out classed Chavez in the vast majority of their 12 round fight. A knockdown and near TKO in the final round - is not a TKO. Martinez looked good, got the win - and deservedly so. More than I can say for Chavez's last fight.

Comment

Recent pic?

The poster behind them shows that this pic is from their last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520
            Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Silver

He's not gained as much weight this time, at the moment at least.

It's tolerant of Vera to put up with 3 raises of weight, the win taken away form him, and then facing him again knowing he'll likely be messed around with weight again though.

I hope Chavez loses because there's a few too many folks wanting a piece of the Chavez name as an easy fight before he has too many losses. Namely Ward and Froch, whom are both mismatches.

Man WTF? So just cause he didn't get stopped he's good?

Mariusz Wach went 12 with Wlad and hurt him in one of those 12 rounds so I guess that makes him good too? Chavez hurt Martinez cause of Martinez' complacency. And even when he had Martinez out on his feet he (Chavez) was eating major shots and got backed off too.

Come on man...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I want Chavez to win so he gains some momentum then he can get fed to GGG

Comment

You guys are missing my point. I don't like Chavez Jr as much as you guys don't. I think he's lazy, I think he doesn't respect his craft and I agree he has used the Chavez name to advance his career.

Saying all that, he's no bum. He's also a big draw in boxing, and WHEN IN SHAPE, actually makes exciting fights and has the backing of a major promoter, and network.

So even if you want to see him lose, don't you think it would be better for him to beat Vera, and then get smashed by Ward or possibly Kovalev?

I'm just saying a Vera win does nothing to advance the sport. I also think Chavez is going to stop Vera because he's going to come into shape.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                  Chavez jr. will beat Vera again, by ko this time.

Victory blunts and burritos at maxy's house.
                  You said blunt, I'm there 'nuff said.

Comment

I still like jr despite the shenanigans. Outside the ring total bs but if its one thing i do give him is he brings it in the ring.

Comment

Almost Ko'd Martinez and the only training he did was eat CoCo Puffs

Comment

Working...
                      X