No announcement yet.

"Wladimir Klitschko's hands are faster than Mike Tyson's" Tommy Brooks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wladimir Klitschko's hands are faster than Mike Tyson's" Tommy Brooks

Tommy Brooks, an old ex Mike Tyson trainer.

Start at 23:00 mark

Last edited by BTL; 01-15-2014, 11:12 PM.

I dont think so.

Comment

Not so sure about that but Wladimir definitely has very underrated handspeed especially for such a giant. That straight right hand is a lightning bolt.

Comment

Im laughing like Homer Simpson when he sees a man get hit in the groin.

Comment

W.K's hands are very very fast. When it comes to body speed, I would say Tyson is on top. However, it wouldn't surprise me that Wladimir has faster hands.

Comment

For a guy Wladimir's size he is very fast, and underrated in that aspect of his game, but faster than Tyson, I don't think so.

Comment

I don't see it as some crazy statement. I wouldn't be surprised of Wlad was technically faster. He doesn't zip around as fast because he doesn't have to expend energy that way. He's got the length so his average speed may be slower, even though he might be capable of being as fast. Mike's only choice was to haul ass and combine constant speed and movement to compensate for his height/reach.

Comment

Not as fast as he clinches and leans his way to victory
                Last edited by FrankieBruno; 01-16-2014, 12:05 AM.

Comment

His jab is probably faster, but Mike is faster with everything else.

Comment

Brooks trained a very young Wladimir and a past it Tyson. Maybe he did see that. Tyson's combinations show that he is maybe the fast puncher at 220+ as anyone's seen. Wlad might be the fastest notable 240-250+ puncher. That's probably why when he fights guys who are about the same size they get it worse than backfoot average or smaller heavies. We keep hearing complaints that Wlad's too big but look how bad he gives it to guys his size. Jameel McCline, Derek Jefferson, Ray Austin, Wlad was too athletic for all of these guys. Hands, feet, reflexes, too quick, too coordinated. They did not know how to deal it. David Haye, one of the quickest heavies could not catch Wlad because his foot speed, reflexes and coordination are f**king crazy for a guy his size.

Comment

Working...
                    X