Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Sergio Martinez Isn’t Too Big for Miguel Cotto Then Why Is He Too Big for Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How big do people think Pac is? I guess his accomplishments adds 20 lbs. in some people's eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      No, you're playing a game and if you want to act like a dips#!t then I'll talk to you like one. Manny is smaller than Cotto and significantly smaller than Sergio. When Sergio was fighting Chavez Jr, Pac was going up against Bradley. So, based on your intellect starved logic, Bradley should be able to fight Chavez Jr.
      I definitely respect your opinion and can see where you are coming from...however we can't ignore that Pac was once 154 champion you moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
        I definitely respect your opinion and can see where you are coming from...however we can't ignore that Pac was once 154 champion you moron.
        154 and 160 are 2 whole diff beast in terms of power and pac won his title at a 150 catchweight you dont see floyd too eager to fight the whose who at 154 even though he is the champ

Comment

Originally posted by twrx View Post
          154 and 160 are 2 whole diff beast in terms of power and pac won his title at a 150 catchweight you dont see floyd too eager to fight the whose who at 154 even though he is the champ
          What does Floyd have to do with this thread? we are talking about Manny...the topic is MANNY.

I agree (2) different weight division, I'm just pondering because Cotto is going for gold...Maybe Sergio can meet Manny at 154

Comment

You do know that Manny should have never been fighting for that belt. A few strings were pulled to make that fight happen.

Vacant belt
            Banned fighter re-licenced
            150lbs catch weight

Manny weight in @ 144.6lbs if I remember correctly.

Manny and Floyd are amazing, but are small welters. FACT.

No way in hell can they fight @ mw

Comment

What does Floyd have to do with this thread? we are talking about Manny...the topic is MANNY.

I agree (2) different weight division, I'm just pondering because Cotto is going for gold...Maybe Sergio can meet Manny at 154
              cotto can fight Sergio because he's much bigger. Simple as that.

Comment

The thread question doesnt make it clear what its getting at?
                Its not a case of Sergio being too big for Pac. Its a case of Sergio being visibly bigger than Pac and there are many fighters around Pacs weight he can fight, and also that Pac is FOTD, has won titles in 8 divisions there has to be less pressure on Pac to have to move up another weight.

You cant ask why the question why is Sergio too big for Pac and expect to be taken seriously. Pac might have a better chance of beating Sergio than Cotto, but that doesnt change the fact that Cotto is closer to Sergios size does it?

Its about what more you want to achieve as well. Cotto lost to Pac and Floyd and maybe wants to make up for it by beating Sergio, good on Cotto. Whereas say for Floyd he just may not think he can beat Sergio and thats why he wont fight him. Floyd might want a better legacy but just wont risk it.
                Last edited by hugh grant; 01-14-2014, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankSucketts View Post
                  Manny is not the current junior middleweight champion, Floyd is. Why is Floyd fighting Amir Khan when he could be fighting Erislandy Lara, Sergio Martinez or Gennady Golovkin?
                  Why arent those two middleweights trying to fight each other as opposed to trying to fight a smaller guy? You guys complain that Floyd fights are boring but you wanna put Lara and Floyd in the same ring? They would do Pac PPV #'s

Comment

It was Cotto's choice to fight Martinez. Pacquiao does not have to make the same choices Cotto does. Martinez IS too big for Cotto and that should be proven if the fight happens. Pacquiao's team said quite clearly after the Margarito fight that Pacquiao was to small to take the punishment of bigger fighters and he would never again fight above 147. Certainly Pacquiao has a right to make this choice. He is really more of a lightweight than a true welterweight. Cotto is a much bigger man than Pacquiao. Pacquiao enters the ring at less than 150 pounds for his welterweight fights. Cotto enters the ring weighing about 165 pounds for his recent fights and that is only a few pounds lighter than Martinez comes into the ring at for his middleweight fights. Cotto is much bigger than Pacquiao so there is your answer.

Comment

What about when Manny was the reigning WBC 154 champion, why didn't he try to fight Sergio then?
                      Because unlike Floyd, Manny admit the division was too much for him. And Pac came up from 106 to that weight, you are asking too much. Floyd started at 130 and boasted about being the best ever, and weight don't mean anything he wants them fresh, yet does a catchweight with Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X