No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Linares Hopes Next Fight Leads To Figueroa Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Linares Hopes Next Fight Leads To Figueroa Clash

Former champion Jorge Linares (35-3, 23KOs) is hoping to eventually face WBC interim-champion Omar Figueroa (22-0-1, 17KOs) later in the year.

Up first for Linares, is a fight with Japan's Nihito Arakawa (24-3, 16KOs), who went to war for twelve rounds with Figueroa last year. The fight will take place on March 8th as part of the Saul Alvarez-Alfredo Anguo undercard at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Back to back losses to Demarco and 'Yeyo' Thompson not to mention TKO'D on all 3 of his losses, Linares does not want to see Figueroa across from him in the ring. Let's see what he does with Arakawa that's not going to be a walk in the park!

Comment

That's like hoping to stick your head in a meat grinder. Linares does not know what he is wishing for.

Comment

Can't knock a guy for wanting to fight a top guy in his weight class.
        Last edited by Bigg Rigg; 01-13-2014, 11:37 PM.

Comment

I'm not so sure he even beat Nihito. But if he does I wouldn't mind seeing Figueroa Linares.

Comment

I was sooo pi$sed with the demarco-linares ending but props to demarco from going from eating out of dumpsters to world champion. Linares' skill and talent are on another level, but hes a waste of talent in regards to stardom though two weight world champion isnt bad either.

Comment

I think Linares would either outbox Figueroa for a while and then eventually get broken down and stopped by Figueroa's relentless pressure or Figueroa would just blitz Linares and stop him early.

I don't see Linares winning in any scenario though.

Linares better worry about his upcoming fight vs. Arakawa. I'll be rooting for Arakawa.

Comment

this Arakawa fight sounds pretty good for Linares, def will be tuning in. If the same Arakawa shows up, Linares iwll have to put on a hell of a performance to win comfortably

I like the figueroa fight too, he is a load to deal with but I'm wondering about his power now since he couldn't get Arakawa out of there...he had the hand injury so that obviously didn't help. Maybe he doesnt need that much power to stop Jorge but

lets see, right now, I'd lean toward Linares. will re-asses after his next one

Comment

Linares has great offense but unfortunately his defense is not as great and his power is not enough to hold off opponents that keep coming forward and have a solid chin. He's still fun to watch and wouldn't mind seeing him in the ring against any note worthy opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                    this Arakawa fight sounds pretty good for Linares, def will be tuning in. If the same Arakawa shows up, Linares iwll have to put on a hell of a performance to win comfortably

I like the figueroa fight too, he is a load to deal with but I'm wondering about his power now since he couldn't get Arakawa out of there...he had the hand injury so that obviously didn't help. Maybe he doesnt need that much power to stop Jorge but

lets see, right now, I'd lean toward Linares. will re-asses after his next one
                    Just FYI Arakawa has never been stopped in his career and yea Figueroa hurting his hands didn't help either.

Comment

Working...
                    X