Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keith Thurman vs Kell Brook... How does it play out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got Thurman all day. Brook gets hit cleanly, and his output slows down a lot as the fight progresses. Thurman's power is strong up until the last bell. I could see a mid to late stoppage for him.

Hopefully Kell decides to finally step up to a title shot this year.

Comment

one time would take this pretty easily. he's fought better fighters already, and he's delivered.

he can move, he can punch, and he's come through adversity twice so far. we know he's tough.

i'm also a dan birmingham guy.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        one time would take this pretty easily. he's fought better fighters already, and he's delivered.

he can move, he can punch, and he's come through adversity twice so far. we know he's tough.

i'm also a dan birmingham guy.
        Who has he fought that are particularly better? Brook fought a guy who took Canelo the distance (and by the way said Brook was better) and a recent world champion. I'd say their resume's a comparable.

Both have come through adversity so we know their both tough guys, and Brook has had one shaky performance in his career - similarly to Thurman.

I think Brook is a little underrestimated here, but I'll let that be that. The only thing I would worry about is Brook fading. I don't think Keith could outbox Kell Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Well we haven't seen him against world class opposition yet. As we haven't seen Thurman against world class opposition. So anything up until that point is pure speculation.

I have just watched it, he took a shot, stepped back for 10 seconds then dropped him. Is that 'queerstreet'?

Jesus christ.
          I just watched it back too. He takes a shot at 1:29 of round 4 by a feather-fisted shot fighter and he did the stanky leg. If you can't see that let's just end it here and hope Brook gets his big fight in 2014. One of us is going to feel very stupid after it.

Comment

Thurman is a more well rounded fighter in everyway and has clearly fought the better opposition.

Like Snakevenom pointed out, Thurman stays strong and active for the full fight whilst Brook has been known to gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
              I just watched it back too. He takes a shot at 1:29 of round 4 by a feather-fisted shot fighter and he did the stanky leg. If you can't see that let's just end it here and hope Brook gets his big fight in 2014. One of us is going to feel very stupid after it.

He stepped back and fired the first shot after that. If you think that's being on queerstreet then I'd hate to think what you think of someone who's actually hurt

Btw, Senchenko has 23KOs in 34 fights. He's hardly featherfisted.

Comment

Another thing to point out is that Thurman isn't afraid of taking on a contender like Brook. I'm not sure if I could say the same for Brook though. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong and fight someone relevant next.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Who has he fought that are particularly better? Brook fought a guy who took Canelo the distance (and by the way said Brook was better) and a recent world champion. I'd say their resume's a comparable.

Both have come through adversity so we know their both tough guys, and Brook has had one shaky performance in his career - similarly to Thurman.

I think Brook is a little underrestimated here, but I'll let that be that. The only thing I would worry about is Brook fading. I don't think Keith could outbox Kell Brook.

senchenko and carson jones are lesser fighters than soto karass. senchenko was stopped by paulie , and carson jones is a much lower tier of journeyman than soto karass. soto karass came up the hard way, and loses to most of the top fighters that he faces, but he's experienced and was a better win than anything brook has done.

he's also got his own win against carson jones, does karass. he put him down twice in a fight i have not seen.
                  Last edited by New England; 01-11-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

i managed to find the jones - soto-karass fight.

@ karass' hair. all business.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      senchenko and carson jones are lesser fighters than soto karass. senchenko was stopped by paulie , and carson jones is a much lower tier of journeyman than soto karass. soto karass came up the hard way, and loses to most of the top fighters that he faces, but he's experienced and was a better win than anything brook has done.

he's also got his own win against carson jones, does karass. he put him down twice in a fight i have not seen.
                      I'm don't think Soto Karass is on a whole other level than someone like Senchenko, Lovemore Ndou or Jackiewicz. I would say they are pretty comparable. I'd say that Chaves is probably the best Thurman's faced and he didn't look too good in that fight. But got the job done.

Karass looks like he has his feet nailed to the floor when he fights.

Senchenko was stopped on cuts. But he's never been down in a fight previously to when he fought Brook. Brook also dropped Hatton which Canelo couldn't.

Regardless, I was impressed with Thurman in his last fight as I've also explained in a thread I made about him last month. But I also do think he'll have his fair share of problems when he faces better opponents. And I think Brook would beat him if they fought now.

Comment

Working...
                      X