No announcement yet.

Deontay 'Windmiller' Wilder can't take a punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
    David Tua didn't hit the canvas until his 56th professional fight. At 00:24 in the below video he is knocked out by one punch in the amateurs.

Good example... now if you watch the Tua vs. Ibeabuchi fight, it's hard to believe that's the same man as the one in your video. But fighters change as they train, spar, and develop themselves.

Another example is Sergey Kovalev who was knocked down in the amateurs and also knocked down by Boone as a pro, but that hasn't stopped him from becoming a champion and destroying the best in his division.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      I can't find the video now, all I can find are biased videos of the sparring. Just read below and listen to Haye say it himself. In the video I saw, Haye caught Deontay with a solid right (I believed the biased version of this footage is in the first post in this thread) and Deontay later had Haye on the ropes and tagged him with an overhand right and Haye nearly fell face first onthe canvas. I can understand why that has been removed or the footage altered at this point in time.

Haye wouldn't lie and say he was getting tagged as well and that the footage had been altered if hadn't been, so you guys made a valiant effort but it's not the whole truth of matter.

Replace the******** with b_o_x_i_n_g_n_e_w_s24.com (remove the underlines)

http://www.************.com/2013/09/...arring-action/
      I have seen video of them sparring and Haye wasn't close to going down at any point. He ducked a punch where Wilder just grazed him but yeah.

I don't read ************ - it's a crap site, and that guy Gilfoid is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        Usually when a guy is 30-0 and 30 kos, there is something his management is protecting him from. Firtha rocked him back too. That's either bad balance, stiff legs, a bad chin, or some combination of those things.
        ... Actually the guy has no legs for the body muscles he is carrying...

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
          Great find with that interview
          Dudes want to hate and spin things a certain way but more than a few items disappeared relating to Wilder dropping Haye in sparring. The evidence got quickly erased but I was watching another interview with Wilder and he was asked about dropping Haye and you could see it in his face that he was trying his best not to divulge the truth and he said it was a heated sparring match and left it at that but he had a look of like "how did you know about that?"

Anyone at HW can hit the canvas taking punches from those big dudes but people just don't like him because A) he's America, B) he's black, C) he has so many KO's, and D) he looks sloppy.

All that aside, if he touches you, you are likely going down.

Comment

Deontay Wilder is the poster boy for why a good boxing promoter is essential for a boxer with average talent.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... Actually the guy has no legs for the body muscles he is carrying...
              Long lean neck too, its a recipe for a brutal ko loss and a guy who will be prone to being ko'd.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                I have seen video of them sparring and Haye wasn't close to going down at any point. He ducked a punch where Wilder just grazed him but yeah.

I don't read ************ - it's a crap site, and that guy Gilfoid is an idiot.
                Right, when you have an agenda it's easy to only pay attention to the stuff that makes you feel good. Those vids were edited to make Haye look good because it was to support his upcoming fight. You honestly think they are going to post vids of him getting dropped all over the web? Who cares, Wilder will beat Fury which is why Warren is scrambling to put Fury-Chisora together so quickly.

Comment

I hear people say that a skinny neck or small head means a fighter is vulnerable, but that description fits Antonio Tarver perfectly, and he's never been KO'd.

More important than knockdowns are the circumstances of the knockdown and how the fighter performs after it occurs. Hopkins got knocked down by Pascal, but he got back up and was completely unfazed. Finished the fight looking like the better fighter and then took his title away from him in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post

Start at 0.34

1.05-1.08
                    Seen this so many times that's why i just laugh when these gullible dudes here be talking about Wilder the trufff after buying into all the hype b/s.

When all you can say for a fighter is"he hits hard doe" you know he aint gonna be ****.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Right, when you have an agenda it's easy to only pay attention to the stuff that makes you feel good. Those vids were edited to make Haye look good because it was to support his upcoming fight. You honestly think they are going to post vids of him getting dropped all over the web? Who cares, Wilder will beat Fury which is why Warren is scrambling to put Fury-Chisora together so quickly.
                      Where exactly did I say that? I know they were made to make Haye look good. YOU said you had seen Wilder almost drop Haye, I simply ask: Where?

Yeah, he'll beat Fury if he lands first. Guy is a Michael Grant waiting to happen. Once he gets hit by a real heavyweight he'll drop like a sack of potatoes.

Comment

Working...
                      X