No announcement yet.

why james toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
    ah.. that explains how he's able to see punches coming so well.. but i see... thats unfortunate... I love excessive sparring as well ...
    It's no wonder he looks so relaxed in there most of the time..

Comment

ah.. that explains how he's able to see punches coming so well.. but i see... thats unfortunate... I love excessive sparring as well ...

One thing people are overlooking is that Toney always absolutely killed himself to make weight and many times could not make weight.

When you dehydrate yourself so severely so often - and Toney was fighting 5-6 times a year when he was a freakin champ - the trauma on the brain has to be increased. Even if he didn't take a ton of punches with his style - he was still getting punched with less than the average amount of water protecting his brain from bouncing off his skull.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
        Jirov took some of his speech.
        And toney took his heart and soul.

Comment

why is james toney punch drunk...?
          doesn't look like he took too much punishment throughout his career?
          took some descent punishment in the second sam peter fight. seems like he really went downhill after that fight
          Last edited by beez721; 01-10-2014, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Pretty sure he hated roadwork and most of his training consisted of sparring and he'd spar 15+ rounds. He also has almost a hundred pro fights and has been in boxing for 30years. Is it any wonder his speech is slurred?
            What I was going to say. Besides the sparring, the man's fought a lot.

Comment

I think it was more because he was too lazy to run, do bag work, situps, pushups,leg-raises etc. Hes so comfortable in the ring that it was second nature to constantly spar.

Comment

Hmm maybe cuz he went from Middleweight to Heavyweight.

Comment

Maybe its the 700 pro rounds he has boxed.

He's not mexican man

Comment

Working...
                  X