Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any word or rumors on Danny Garcia's next opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
    Seriousment. Danny Garcia was completely forced to fight Lucas. He's not fighting freaking Maidana or Thurman.

Garcia fights very infrequently and the only tough fights hes had were the ones forced on him. Its going to be Paulie or Zab again.
    He was. The rpessure was too much and Haymon left him no choice but to fight. But I dont see him fighting Maidana or Thurman either becuase he obviously doesnt want to take dangerous fighters plus the pressure isnt there like it was against Matthysse. They already lost Broner as the next undefeated super star, but the problem is if Garcia is going up he will have a hard time avoiding guys that can put a beating on him. Eventualy he will have to fight Maidana and Thurman.
    Maybe a fight against Broner first is a good idea. If there's any chance of resurrecting the corpse that AB is today would be a win over Garcia, if not then Garcia gets another victory in his record and can wait another year while the more dangerous guys fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
      i think broner beats up garcia possibly by KO....garcia might have some problems with broner short and sharp punches.
      Maybe, you could be right but I can just imagine Garcia looping his hook around and eventually it lands, and seeing as we all saw Broner's legs get funky a few times vs Maidana I can't help but feel Garcia would beat him...But I see your point.

This would be a pretty good fight in my opinion, I would enjoy watching it.

Comment

As the cliche goes, styles make fights so who knows, maybe Broner could be a difficult match up for Garcia. But until I see it with my own eyes, I think Garcia beats him -- if not wrecks him altogether. I'm not a Danny Garcia fan but he's clearly on the same level as Maidana, and you can make a case that he's even slightly above him. Hell some would even make a case for him being a full level above Maidana (I'm not one of them for the record). And we all know how that went down.

what I've seen from broner in his last two fights it is absolutely impossible for me to envision a way that has him beating danny garcia

Comment

Will Danny considered fighting Paulie, they seem so friendly during the interview after the Maidana-Broner fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
            Will Danny considered fighting Paulie, they seem so friendly during the interview after the Maidana-Broner fight.
            Paulie has said he would like the fight.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooo

I don't know man, I think that's a crap fight myself. Paulie's too feather fisted. DG will just walk right through his series of pitty pat combos and land all the clear, harder shots.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                i think broner beats up garcia possibly by KO....garcia might have some problems with broner short and sharp punches.
                No way Broner stops Garcia, but as crazy as it sounds right now I think Broner could win. It's a styles thing, Garcia isn't going to go all out to make Broner uncomfortable like Maidana.

I'd favor Garcia, because he deserves that respect and has proven to be a higher caliber of fighter, but it would be close at least.

Comment

Originally posted by RoastTeamCon
                  He wrote on instagram he is fighting in March. Opponent to be announced soon.
                  In March? Unless they have an idea who it is and he already began light training then they better hurry up.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    No way Broner stops Garcia, but as crazy as it sounds right now I think Broner could win. It's a styles thing, Garcia isn't going to go all out to make Broner uncomfortable like Maidana.

I'd favor Garcia, because he deserves that respect and has proven to be a higher caliber of fighter, but it would be close at least.
                    Garcia would knock Broner the **** out.

Comment

My guess is it will be Malignaggi...

Comment

Working...
                      X