No announcement yet.

Pacquiao has improved since the marquez ko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao has improved since the marquez ko

He used to lean in a lot. He used to be wild, restless and reckless. He would explode one minutes and take breaks because he expends too much energy. It was a dangerous way to fight even though Manny made it work with his athleticism and will.

But in the Rios fight he was more measured, more calculated, and better prepared to finish the fight. He didn't chase the knockout, he just put faith in his boxing. Overall he's shown a lot of improvement.

Did you forget Manny vs Hatton/Delahoya/Cotto???

He looked 100x better in those fights than he did against Rios.

Shoot, add the Clottey fight as well.

Comment

we've only saw him fight once after the brutal ko. stop it please.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
        He used to lean in a lot. He used to be wild, restless and reckless. He would explode one minutes and take breaks because he expends too much energy. It was a dangerous way to fight even though Manny made it work with his athleticism and will.

But in the Rios fight he was more measured, more calculated, and better prepared to finish the fight. He didn't chase the knockout, he just put faith in his boxing. Overall he's shown a lot of improvement.
        I do believe that the style he showed In the Rios fight Is the best style for him at this particular point In his career. He Is 35 years old, there Is no need to take unnecessary risks. His stamina also seemed top notch.

Comment

We will know more when he fights another top guy. You can't really gauge his performance against a punching bag like Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by jetgizo View Post
            We will know more when he fights another top guy. You can't really gauge his performance against a punching bag like Rios.
            You can gauge something from anything if you look closely enough.

Comment

Man please, i'd look good fighting a punching bag. Let's wait til he's in with Bradley again

Comment

Lets wait until he actually faces a top fighter at ww before saying this

Comment

I wouldn't say he has improved, there is no way that this version of him is an improvement of the Pac from a few years ago.

He has changed his style and approach a little bit due to his age/point of career/post big KO loss, which is smart of them to do in my opinion. If lunging into a shot that sleeps you face down for a couple of minutes doesn't make you think more next time out then nothing will.

But its early to make assessments of him in general. Yes the Marquez loss was over a year ago but he has only fought once and it was against a guy he was supposed to beat up, so we will see. I wouldn't say he has made improvements, more like adjustments to me.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                    You can gauge something from anything if you look closely enough.
                    lets see how he looks against a top fighter before talking....Rios is a c level punching bag

Comment

Working...
                    X