Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward: “I think Manny Pacquiao has a great legacy, but we got to be honest about

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    And these greats you are talking about are who exactly? Margarito, Clottey, Bradley, Rios?

Surely you are not speaking of De La Hoya, who Mayweather beat 1 year and a half prior at a heavier weight class. You sure as hell can't be talking about Ricky Hatton, who Floyd TKO'ed 1 year and a half prior. Hopefully it's not Mosley, who Floyd beat when he was still seen as dangerous, or Marquez who Floyd handily beat in the same weight class that he KO'ed Pacquiao? Oh, you're talking about Cotto? Yeah, Floyd did the Pacquiao and fought after he already lost, but still a solid win over the #1 ranked JMW.

So what greats are you talking about again? Can't be MAB and Morales, who never shared the same weight class Floyd.
    I woke up the baby laughing so loud good post

Comment

Manny was actually very mouthy in his negotiations. The negotiations for DLH-Pac actually fell through because of Pacquiao's demands, which he then got.
      The only thing I remember Manny bitching about was the purse split.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        The difference between Cotto/Pacman vs Oscar/Pacman is like night and day.

Oscar cherrypicked Pacman, he dug that grave himself. Cotto was forced to take the catchweight. That's not the same.
        Do you think if Pac-Cotto had been at 147 instead of 145 it would have mattered? I don't, Pac is better than Cotto, period.

I don't like to see weight-drained excuses. In most of the cases where it's used as an excuse the other guy was actually just better boxer to begin with (and that includes Floyd-Canelo).

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev-
          Quote:

Originally Posted by way2strong

IMO I feel that pac will forever be remembered as a ATG while floyd will fade away as a great once he retires or loses since he never dared to step into the ring with the greats/atg's of manny's era ...... Who's next on Wards list of destruction another man who dared to face them all and won everytime he did

And these greats you are talking about are who exactly? Margarito, Clottey, Bradley, Rios?

Surely you are not speaking of De La Hoya, who Mayweather beat 1 year and a half prior at a heavier weight class. You sure as hell can't be talking about Ricky Hatton, who Floyd TKO'ed 1 year and a half prior. Hopefully it's not Mosley, who Floyd beat when he was still seen as dangerous, or Marquez who Floyd handily beat in the same weight class that he KO'ed Pacquiao? Oh, you're talking about Cotto? Yeah, Floyd did the Pacquiao and fought after he already lost, but still a solid win over the #1 ranked JMW.

So what greats are you talking about again? Can't be MAB and Morales, who never shared the same weight class Floyd.
          So you're purposely 'forgetting' all of Pacquiao's victories before that right?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            It was the biggest fight the sport could have had in some 20 years, at least. Casuals and hardcore fans alike will forever mention Pacquiao and Mayweather in the same sentence, decrying them for never getting in the ring with each other.
            But the fight didn't happen, we have no idea what would have happened if it did, we can certainly speculate but that's all it would be. Both fighters have done too much for the sport to be judged on an imaginary basis. Let both men be judged on what they've done in the ring and for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Do you think if Pac-Cotto had been at 147 instead of 145 it would have mattered? I don't, Pac is better than Cotto, period.

I don't like to see weight-drained excuses. In most of the cases where it's used as an excuse the other guy was actually just better boxer to begin with (and that includes Floyd-Canelo).
              He definitely doesn't dominate Cotto the way he did at 147 and with a legitimate trainer in Cotto's corner.

Comment

Manny was actually very mouthy in his negotiations. The negotiations for DLH-Pac actually fell through because of Pacquiao's demands, which he then got.
                Oscar offered the fight should be at 154. Super featherweight Pac demanded the fight should be at 147. So for you Pac should fought (move up 4 weight divisions) Oscar at 154 right? That's why all these floydiots are really idiots. When Floyd a 2 times 154 champ demanded a catchweight against a fellow champ at 154 these idiots gave heavenly praises for Floyd.
                Last edited by straightleft; 01-06-2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

People seem to forget that Pacquiao fought Cotto after Cotto nearly got murdered my Margarito. And Mayweather fought Cotto after Cotto came back and wrecked Margarito. I would rather fight the former Cotto for sure.

Comment

Honestly if you look at Manny's fights at 147 what Ward said is the truth. Most of the guys he beat there were already washed up or coming off of bad losses or already going down hill. Mosley,Cotto,Hatton,Rios and hell even Margarito was coming off a KO loss to Mosley. I not going to even count Oscar because that was Oscar's own doing by biting off too much. Which is odd because Mosley called out Manny after he beat Margarito and they ducked him and said they would only fight him at a CW of 142 pounds... But then after Mayweather beat him and then he looked shot vs Mora then all of a sudden they were green to fight Mosley. People need to realize that both Manny and Floyd are doing to same thing. In Floyd's case he is fighting fighters coming off a big wins. That is the honest truth if you really look at it without a bias mind.
                    Last edited by Zano-24; 01-06-2014, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I'm consistently amazed at the number of people who defend Floyd not fighting his primary and perhaps only rival. Explaining it anything but a black mark on his legacy reveals an incredible bias. Would you be so forgiving of other great fighters from past eras?

Comment

Working...
                      X