Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Says Alfredo Angulo Will Be Foe on March 8th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will be a good fight, I think Canelo is going to be tested in this fight. Angulos output will trouble Canelo but I expect Ginger to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
      Good fight and smart choice.

The guy just lost after fighting the top 2 back to back in his division, he deserves this fight and Angulo isn't easy for anybody. Not even the god Lara himself who was picking himself off the canvas against this c level fighter people are complaining about.
      The god Lara also beat one of those top two u mentioned in better fashion, I might add.. Trout himself praised Lara and said he made him look bad cause Lara is that good.. I'll take his word for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
        Good fight and smart choice.

The guy just lost after fighting the top 2 back to back in his division, he deserves this fight and Angulo isn't easy for anybody. Not even the god Lara himself who was picking himself off the canvas against this c level fighter people are complaining about.
        Oh you meant cotto . He's not jumping at Lara either " Devon Rodriguez "

Comment

• I know there's a very negative stigma on this site regarding two guys coming off losses, but I really don't mind this fight as long as it's not on PPV. Especially bc Canelo's didn't look good on top of losing in his last fight and Angulo quit in his last bout so this is not a PPV fight under any circumstances.

Comment

• Angulo is Canelo's "Brandon Rios"... Tough fighter, who cant box worth sh#* and any Excellent boxer should be able to beat up. Still interesting being that Lara struggles some with Angulo... interesting to see is Canelo can be more convincing.

Comment

• Lot of butthurt texans and Californians in this thread lol. Lara got all y'all shook lmao "he's boring doe"

Comment

• That's a great fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
                  Canelo was 20-22 when he beat the guys you mentioned, but we'll go with 23. Name me a fighter that's 23 right now that will beat any of the guys you mentioned. Anyways, Canelo still has some upside is all I'm saying. I have never said Canelo is elite, and neither has Canelo himself.
                  Canelo is solid....but you keep bringing up resume for a 154 pounder taking old 147 pounders is Not huge threat ... all at 70-30 80-20 type fights .. he had 2 50-50 type fights and loss both to many people ... canelo is talented dude I'm not ripping him but he is NoT what many people believe... standing 5'6 gas tank horrible he is going to be in tough career fighting 154-160.. lets see if I'm wrong ...

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    For the Canelo fans who are calling Lara boring. Has Canelo ever had a more exciting performance or been in a more exciting fight than Lara vs Williams or Lara vs Angulo?

If you can find something, you're a fucking liar.
                    Those fights were entertaining because of his opposition.
                    Hes been in the ring with far better fighters who come to throw.

Dont get me wrong I like Lara and would pick him to win against almost anyone from 154-160 including Canelo. But I like the Angulo fight.... its going to show what Canelo is made of... we havent seen him fight a true precious fighter. And I think he may get stopped. If he wins he can always fight Lara down the road (if he has a pair)

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      he doesn't, and he wont.

he'll have to keep winning for that, which i laid out in my post. you think manny and floyd would be the huge stars they were in their primes without the wins?

manny had to beat oscar. if he lost that fight he never would have become the massive, crossover star he became.

let's see how the ppv does, if it even comes to pass that it is a ppv. my money is on it being on showtime, and absolutely bombing if it's on ppv.
                      Canelo has already proven to be different because he is popular for reasons other than boxing. He filled a stadium with 40,000 people and his best win at the time was Ryan Rhodes. He pulled one of the highest ratings in ShowTime history against Josesito Lopez.

They don't care who he fights. Losing to Floyd is acceptable and his popularity is just as high. If this lands on PPV, it will do 300-350K and the fans will watch him obliterate Angulo to refuel the hype engine.

Comment

Working...
                      X