Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd hates Bob, wouldn't beating Pac long ago stopped him earning more money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cjgrey View Post
    People who have not fought, or don't understand the current 24 hour prior weigh in system, don't understand the truth of all this mess. That's why people hate Floyd, because of ignorance.

1. Floyd is in shape at 149-151 lbs, no dehydration. Weigh in weight = in ring weight.

2. Pacquiao is in shape 145-148 lbs, no dehydration. He likes to play the trick of weighing in at 142-145 to seem smaller (which takes about 30 minutes of running on the treadmill), but he usually gets in the ring at 148.

3. Floyd and Pacquiao are almost exactly the same size. Floyd has at most 3 lbs naturally on Pacquiao.

4. When Floyd and Pacquiao were both 16, they both fought at 106 lbs. Floyd fought in amateurs, while Pacquiao fought pro because the Philippines did not have a good enough amateur system.

5. MOST 130-135 lbers are ~150 lbs on fight night. When Pacquiao fought at 135 (lightweight), he was about 145 lbs lean IN THE RING. Pacquiao did not "move up in weight" anymore than Floyd did to fight Oscar. He simply stopped playing the bull**** dehydrate-rehydrate in 24 hours game.

6. This is the reason Floyd says he's not a real welterweight. Actually, he and Pacquiao are real welterweights (~147 lbs in the ring). Their opponents are NOT. Canelo, Mosley, Victor Ortiz all get in the ring around 165 lbs for welterweight, which is a shameful practice.

Yeah, catchweights have been around for a long time. But Pacquiao has used the bull**** weigh in process to fool the idiot fans.

148 in shape Pacquiao drains Oscar to 147, no rehydration = gets credit for beating the "bigger" man (who was actually 1 lb smaller in the ring).

151 in shape Floyd fights a close fight with a ~170 lb in ring Oscar = Floyd sucks and has no punching power.

151 in shape Floyd makes Canelo weigh in at 152, then lets the 23 year old rehydrate to ~168 lbs in the ring = Floyd is a *****.

Pacquiao/Arum are ****ing liars and the fans are idiots.
    Look I have been fair but please keep it real and leave out some of your agenda bro.

For example the 'trick' to look smaller than he is. How do you know he does that?

1. I agree Floyd walks around his fighting weight.

2. Do you have proof that Pac likes to 'trick' people?

3. They are similar but Pac is smaller, in length of arms and height which would be an advantage to Mayweather obviously, especially since he uses a shoulder roll and is very defensive. It's hard to get to the head on straight shots with an orthodox right for example.

4. I agree on them being the same weight at 16, I actually made the comment replying to an Uncle Roger thread where he said 106 to 147, aint no one seen that ever.

5. This is the game of fighting sports with the way weigh in's are. People balance it out if it works for them the best at the time or not. It's not a great way to do things but the system of 24 hours allows it.

Whether or not Pac weighed 146 when he was at 135 or not, he still went down to make the weight, and when he went up it was obviously food and liquid and not natural muscle/fat. Where as it is muscle or fat along with food/water added on when he does a weigh in.

6. The weigh in is the weight that contractually matters the most. If fighters are too small and unhappy then they should move down.

Pac fooled the fans with catch weights, maybe. Oscar chose Pac at 147. Cotto was at 145 which he may have responded like Canelo did by losing 2 lbs. Marg at 150 wasn't good for Marg but I believe JMM thinking of 144 and then seeing Floyd be 146 affected him too. The fooling goes both ways IMO.

ALL fighters want to get the advantage. Floyd uses a large ring for example. I am specifically saying Floyd since you seem to be nit picking at Pac.

Oscar made Floyd use 'pillows' as he stated. The A Side usually decided how things roll.

Pac gets credit for whooping Oscar in an exciting fight, but he doesn't get great credit IMO. We know he was drained, but it was his ****** fault.

Fans like a stoppage.

Floyd has a boxing match, the fans were disappointed but that did 2.4 Mil. How many were real boxing fans? Possibly a mil to 1.4 mil were not usual boxing fans if you look at the kinda numbers that Floyd brings. Casual fans like hard flush shots and a KO. I like boxing and I was disapointed with that fight. I myself got ****** into the new show 24 / 7. I never saw a boxing show as reality TV as that but I enjoyed it.

Making Canelo go down to 152 is something you should criticise Floyd for, especially when he said Cotto never lost because of a catch weight.

Some fans are idiots, but let's keep it clean.

Comment

And the Marquez Mayweather weigh in BS was another lie designed to play to ignorant "fans" who don't know anything about the weigh in system.

Floyd weighed 150 in the ring, Marquez weighed 145. Marquez wanted to play Bs games by weighing in at 142 to fool idiots into thinking he was barely making the 144 lb catchweight.

Floyd, at this point, already possessed more than $100 million in assets. If he wanted to dehydrate to 144 lbs for the weigh in, he would only need about 45-60 minutes on the treadmill. He probably weighs around 140 lbs after a real training camp workout every day of camp anyways. He just decided he was too rich to give a ****, and decided to pay $600,000 ($300,000/lb) rather than dehydrate for this circus show.

So actually, Floyd is the one weighing in / fighting at his real weight. All the other guys either dehydrate then rehydrate back to ~165 (Canelo, Mosley, Ortiz), which is bull****.

Or weigh around 145-148 (Marquez and Pacquiao), but dehydrate 2-3 lbs by running on the treadmill for 15-30 minutes to fool the idiot fans into thinking they are "small guys" moving up to face giants. Which is a grimy, politician move.

Floyd is the one being honorable here. It's not his fault he can weigh 150 lbs, and beat 165 lb opponents in the ring. It's not his fault that other real 150 lbers don't have his skills, and need to dehydrate to 130-135 lbs to fight in smaller divisions.
      Doesn't matter, on the original contract Marquez saw 144. Hey, maybe it even was what made him think he had a chance to win so signed up.

You can spin it anyway you want about him being honourable, but he didn't show honour by disrespecting the agreed weight plain and simple.

Comment

My understanding is that Floyd is really bitter towards Arum because Arum didn't push his star power the way he liked & wasn't looking at the fights Floyd really wanted to help push that star power. Bought himself out of the contract & hasn't had an issue doing it his way since. I take it as someone not fully believing in you & that person making it big...kinda that big F YOU to that person. Regardless of him beating Pac or not, Floyd doesn't want Arum attached to what most believe to be as the biggest fight in history! Bad mouthing each other in the media didn't help either.

Comment

Better slightly higher body fat, than 23 lbs starved and dehydrated. If it's not obvious to you which situation is better for athletic competition, it's because you have never done sports.

I suggest you start with tennis. Play one game slightly fat, and one game 23 lbs starved and dehydrated, then tell me it's the same thing.

Then tell me it's the same thing for Oscar to have done that in a fistfight. Owcar survived 6 rounds in that condition, which tells me he would have at least gone the distance with Pacquiao if he weighed in at 154 lbs.

Common ****ing sense.
          Both suboptimal, a question of degrees. Boxers don't perform well coming in extra flabby, right?

Nobody is even saying it took an incredible performance to beat that Oscar. It's the risk that Pac undertook when signing the contract, that's what made it a big deal. And having Oscar retire on his stool, that also was noteworthy

Comment

Canelo is playing the ****ing weight game by weighing 165 for a 154 lb fight.

Floyd only demanded 2 pounds as a small concession from Canelo. He is the top PPV, and has the leverage (therefore right), to demand whatever the hell he wants. But he still only demanded 2 lbs. Pacquiao demanded 150 from Margarito.

Actually, Floyd has been very generous in negotiations. He ONLY demanded 152 from Canelo. And when Pacquiao demanded $10 million/pound over 147, which is an insult to the bigger PPV draw, and ridiculously overplaying his own cards, Floyd AGREED.

Again, Floyd made a CONCESSION to the #2 PPV draw regarding $10 million / pound. That was generous as ****. All he asked in return was that both competitors get the best PED testing possible.

Pacquiao's answer should have been yes.

Why would Pacquiao refuse the testing in the beginning when he already won a concession from Floyd?

Anyone with half a brain can see, only an actual roider would refuse the test in that situation. Pacquiao had no excuse to duck the test and the fight, except if he was afraid he could not beat Floyd without PEDs.

It's all a lie.
            Canelo is playing the same game 99% of the fighters play. Many SWW weigh in 170+. If that's too heavy for Floyd, stop pretending to be a SWW champ.

What's the implication of Floyd being The Man at SWW? That if you wanna be The Man at 154, you'll have to drop down to 152 to prove it.

The 10m penalty is in response to Floyd missing the contract weight by 2lbs in his previous fight. Pac didn't fail any test that I know of. 3 months later he came back agreeing to Floyd's terms and more. What did Floyd do? Go on a low key vacation.

What do you make of this BTW:

Derek (Tampa)
            What do you make of that article that goes out of its way to implicate Floyd Mayweather as a PED user without actually saying it?

Dan Rafael (12:13 PM)
            That has been the rumor for a long time but I need to see proof before I accuse somebody of something so serious. What is fact, however, is that the settlement in the Pacquiao/Mayweather lawsuit happened after the Pacquiao camp tried to get Mayweather's USADA testing records. So maybe where there is smoke there is fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights4Gays View Post
              This is the game of fighting sports with the way weigh in's are. People balance it out if it works for them the best at the time or not. It's not a great way to do things but the system of 24 hours allows it.

Pac gets credit for whooping Oscar in an exciting fight, but he doesn't get great credit IMO. We know he was drained, but it was his ****** fault.

Making Canelo go down to 152 is something you should criticise Floyd for, especially when he said Cotto never lost because of a catch weight.
              A. They can very easily fix the weigh in by enforcing hydration tests at the time of weigh in. If you piss in a cup five minutes before weighing in, and your urine indicates full hydration, that will be your real weight.

B. Pacquiao should not get credit for beating Oscar. If you make a bet that you can starve and dehydrate yourself down 23 lbs for 8 weeks, then beat me in a 10 kilometer race, and I burn you in the race... Yes, it would be your dumbass fault for agreeing to do such a thing. But no, I should not get credit for beating another athlete in a fair contest. That is bullshlt. Oscar was a damm zombie on life support in that fight.

C. My point was, Floyd should not even fight Canelo at all. Floyd is 151 in the ring. Canelo is 165-170 in the ring. That's around a 20 lb advantage and makes no sense. That is not the point of weight classes in boxing. The point is for 150 lbers (Floyd) to fight and beat the best 150 lbers in the world. Not to fight 170-180 lbers who manipulate more and more water weight (Canelo, Lara, Golovkin, Hopkins) until Floyd is 20-30 lbs handicapped in the ring and can no longer make it up with skill.

D. Floyd did not duck Pacquiao. Pacquiao demanded 50:50 and $10 million/lb. Floyd agreed, then Pacquiao ducked the PED test. Bob Arum ducked with his ****** "outdoor stadium" transparent as **** duck move.

Sick of Pacquiao/Arum lies, Top Rank needs to **** off and die.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights4Gays View Post
                Doesn't matter, on the original contract Marquez saw 144. Hey, maybe it even was what made him think he had a chance to win so signed up.

You can spin it anyway you want about him being honourable, but he didn't show honour by disrespecting the agreed weight plain and simple.
                I agree, it was not honorable for Floyd to disregard the contracted weight with Marquez. But outside of contracts and regulations, it was a 145 lber fighting a 150 lber.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Both suboptimal, a question of degrees. Boxers don't perform well coming in extra flabby, right?

Nobody is even saying it took an incredible performance to beat that Oscar. It's the risk that Pac undertook when signing the contract, that's what made it a big deal. And having Oscar retire on his stool, that also was noteworthy
                  Yeah, you have never competed in any sport. **** off with that BS.

Comment

A. They can very easily fix the weigh in by enforcing hydration tests at the time of weigh in. If you piss in a cup five minutes before weighing in, and your urine indicates full hydration, that will be your real weight.

B. Pacquiao should not get credit for beating Oscar. If you make a bet that you can starve and dehydrate yourself down 23 lbs for 8 weeks, then beat me in a 10 kilometer race, and I burn you in the race... Yes, it would be your dumbass fault for agreeing to do such a thing. But no, I should not get credit for beating another athlete in a fair contest. That is bullshlt. Oscar was a damm zombie on life support in that fight.

C. My point was, Floyd should not even fight Canelo at all. Floyd is 151 in the ring. Canelo is 165-170 in the ring. That's around a 20 lb advantage and makes no sense. That is not the point of weight classes in boxing. The point is for 150 lbers (Floyd) to fight and beat the best 150 lbers in the world. Not to fight 170-180 lbers who manipulate more and more water weight (Canelo, Lara, Golovkin, Hopkins) until Floyd is 20-30 lbs handicapped in the ring and can no longer make it up with skill.

D. Floyd did not duck Pacquiao. Pacquiao demanded 50:50 and $10 million/lb. Floyd agreed, then Pacquiao ducked the PED test. Bob Arum ducked with his ****** "outdoor stadium" transparent as **** duck move.

Sick of Pacquiao/Arum lies, Top Rank needs to **** off and die.
                    Hydration and pissing sounds like it will add all sorts of controversy to me. Just like random testing has caught people out. It may add to politics.

I don't credit Pac beating Oscar as a big win at all, but I was happy for it the way Oscar behaves at times.

I would say it's an idea to work on fight night weight.

I didn't say Floyd ducked Pac, I said why not just fight him. Adding such protocols that is not the norm to a contract from both sides just is an obstacle.

Obviously Floyd felt Pac was cheating and Pac didn't want Floyd to do what eh did for JMM and just pay it off (300k) since he was so rich.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Canelo is playing the same game 99% of the fighters play. Many SWW weigh in 170+. If that's too heavy for Floyd, stop pretending to be a SWW champ.

What's the implication of Floyd being The Man at SWW? That if you wanna be The Man at 154, you'll have to drop down to 152 to prove it.

The 10m penalty is in response to Floyd missing the contract weight by 2lbs in his previous fight. Pac didn't fail any test that I know of. 3 months later he came back agreeing to Floyd's terms and more. What did Floyd do? Go on a low key vacation.

What do you make of this BTW:
                      Floyd does not want the belts. He would prefer not to have any belts involved for his fights, that way he wouldn't have to pay any sanctioning fees. The reason he allows the belts and sanctioning bodies to be involved and get paid is because he has his own start up Mayweather Promotions company, with up and coming fighters who need title shots. If he cuts out the belts and sanctioning bodies completely from the money pot, those same sanctioning bodies would be sure to blackball any young fighters signed with Mayweather Promotions from title shots. If you knew Floyd, or were involved with the actual sport/industry, that would be obvious.

So it's not a matter of fighting 154 lb champions for their belts. Floyd doesn't want to be champion or hold any belt. He only wants to make big money fights.

If a physically bigger fighter has enough selling power to be worth fighting for Floyd, that opponent will still be fighting at the weight chosen by the guy with all the business leverage. Floyd is their meal ticket, so they need to know their places and do what they are told. Just like Oscar was Floyd's meal ticket, and Floyd had to know his place, and make all the concessions until the contract was signed.

Comment

Working...
                      X