Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreman vs Lyle revisited. What an EPIC war!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
    Lyle would have a good champion in this era. Too many top HW when he was around.
    Total moron. Lyle wouldn't even be top 30 in this era. Deal with progress, it happens in all sports. I know its hard for metal midgets, but seriously, just deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewa1 View Post
      Total moron. Lyle wouldn't even be top 30 in this era. Deal with progress, it happens in all sports. I know its hard for metal midgets, but seriously, just deal with it.
      I could actually see lyle beating anyone outside of the klits. he had his flaws but hed beat or at least be comptetiive with todays top crop

Comment

so much progress that a guy who lost the heavyweight title in 1974 could manage to win it again in 1994 as a fat 45 year old

Comment

Two top ranked heavyweights walloping the **** out of one another on national television on a saturday afternoon.

Great era, indeed.

Comment

Ah yes, Lyle wouldn't be close to the top 10 that consists of the likes of Chris Arreola, Adamek, Chagaev and co.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthershock View Post
              so much progress that a guy who lost the heavyweight title in 1974 could manage to win it again in 1994 as a fat 45 year old
              And imagine that Foreman wouldn't be able to handle the progression of today's era

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                And imagine that Foreman wouldn't be able to handle the progression of today's era
                progression? more like regression

Comment

without a doubt it's one of the most exciting fights of all time. great power on both fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by SlickRickman View Post
                    Two top ranked heavyweights walloping the **** out of one another on national television on a saturday afternoon.

Great era, indeed.
                    When you put it that way, **** boxing right now.

Comment

fewer people box today than in past eras. virtually all of the talented american men of HW size are playing basketball or football. in the 70's, they boxed.

HW boxing has certainly declined in quality. if you can't see the difference between a top 10 contender in the 70's [ron lyle, for example,] and a fat plodder, then that is on you

Comment

Working...
                      X