No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mike Tyson Stops Near Brawl at ESPN Weighin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
    Seems like he's trying to be the opposite of what he was . His ego's gone now and seems so down to earth ..

He's one of the most recognizable faces in boxing that will help him get his talent pool up. I'm rooting for bartelamy but I'll be rooting for Mike's fighters in the rest of the bouts
    Looking forward to this fight. Barthelemy has skills, but he's a little awkward looking. He's one of the lower-tier Cuban fighters, but I think Rances has enough to snatch that belt from Mendez.

First FNF of the New Year, baby!

Comment

How the tables have turned ..... Wasn't long ago Mike was being held back at weigh-ins now he's doing the holding back . Lol . Really rooting for mike to be successful in the promoting game.
      Agreed. Good post.

Comment

what can I say? Mike is laying down some good Karma and its nice to see. Yeah, THIS IS a guy who could make it as a promoter and still be a compassionate empathetic human being.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Looking forward to this fight. Barthelemy has skills, but he's a little awkward looking. He's one of the lower-tier Cuban fighters, but I think Rances has enough to snatch that belt from Mendez.

First FNF of the New Year, baby!
          I agree ..my only fear is that if it's close will Rances get a fair shake since Mendez is with Iron Mike Promotions and it's they're event ? It's Mike's show tomorrow and everyone there knows it. Rances needs to make it easy for everyone and get the ko.

Comment

Those dudes are lucky Iron Mike didn't start throwing bows around.

Comment

Tyson has credibility. I think he'll be a great promoter

Comment

I agree ..my only fear is that if it's close will Rances get a fair shake since Mendez is with Iron Mike Promotions and it's they're event ? It's Mike's show tomorrow and everyone there knows it. Rances needs to make it easy for everyone and get the ko.
                You just never know with boxing. Anything can and does happen. I couldn't believe, for instance, that Pacquiao was robbed versus Bradley (popular opinion, as well as my own). Who would've thought Arum would allow that to happen? In any event, I think both fighters feel they have to go for the KO. Mendez has been on the bitter end of three controversial decisions. At least Barthelemy hasn't had that kind of bad experience. (And I hope it stays that way.)

Here's some interesting information: John David Jackson is Mendez's trainer. As you may know, he was also Magomed Abdusalamov's trainer the night of Mago's fateful encounter with Mike Perez. What you may not know is that Jackson was Bathelemy's trainer for his last two fights. That raises some questions. Has Jackson imparted worthwhile information about Rances? Has John David had his head in the game after what happened with Mago?

I just hope Barthelemy is well-conditioned for this fight. I have a feeling the game plan will be to overwhelm Rances and test his stamina in the late stages.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  Tyson has credibility. I think he'll be a great promoter
                  The guy has more clout in the boxing community than Mayweather does................that says a lot about the guy, he is still the face of boxing and he's been out of the game for years.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Those dudes are lucky Iron Mike didn't start throwing bows around.
                    He's about twice those little guys' size. He'd kill them both with one punch. lol

Comment

Damn those Tyson pics brings tears to my eyes. Hes gone through so much, done lotta bad stuff, bout has completely tried to turn his life around.
                      He alreadly looks like he will be a great promoter. Opefully he finds that ONE fighter that every promoter gets lucky to find.
                      Hell take care of his fighters cuz hell know what it feels like to be screwed by apromotor don king

Comment

Working...
                      X