Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That is why two grown men shouldn't be kicking each other.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is why two grown men shouldn't be kicking each other.

Never understood why so many people enjoyed watching two grown men kick each other in the legs. Give me a masterful Floyd performance, the speed and angles of Manny, the surgeon like precision of Mikey Garcia, or the relentless aggression of Kirkland any day over two grown men kicking each other or wrestling on the ground with each other.

Alex Ariza disagrees.

Comment

I would rather watch Molina or Alexander in a clinch fest then most MMA matches.

Comment

no kidding

Comment

You do know that punching is only 1 aspect of fighting right?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            You do know that punching is only 1 aspect of fighting right?
            I never knew one kick boxing fan in my life or never knew one person that watched karate and I didn't know one person growing up that watched real wrestling. Not saying that people didn't enjoy that but I just didn't know one person that did. I bet if you asked a majority of MMA fans what they like most they would probably say the stand up fighting which is boxing. I guarantee you if they took striking out of it and it was just kicking and grappling then no one would watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
              Never understood why so many people enjoyed watching two grown men kick each other in the legs. Give me a masterful Floyd performance, the speed and angles of Manny, the surgeon like precision of Mikey Garcia, or the relentless aggression of Kirkland any day over two grown men kicking each other or wrestling on the ground with each other.
              HAHAHAHA great post fully agree. Two grown men kicking each other in the shins. Straight h0m0 shyt.

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
                I never knew one kick boxing fan in my life or never knew one person that watched karate and I didn't know one person growing up that watched real wrestling. Not saying that people didn't enjoy that but I just didn't know one person that did. I bet if you asked a majority of MMA fans what they like most they would probably say the stand up fighting which is boxing. I guarantee you if they took striking out of it and it was just kicking and grappling then no one would watch.
                Are you debating which form of fighting/martial art is more popular or effective? Because if you're speaking about which form of fighting is more effective and complete, then there are quite a few that come before boxing. I'm a boxing fan more than I am a fan of any other fighting sport but i'm not ignorant nor some sort of boxing snob.

Comment

Agreed. I'll never get the big fight feel watching UFC or any other form of fighting that isn't boxing. Can't believe I watched that last night. It felt like I was watching WWE with the elementary style presentation. Makes you miss Showtime, and even HBO. A great boxing fight will always beat a so called "Great" MMA fight.

Comment

That was a freak accident. I don't think it happens too often.

Comment

Working...
                    X