Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That is why two grown men shouldn't be kicking each other.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
    some of you guys are full of ****.

first off, in a street fight an experienced boxer vs a experienced mma fighter - who wins? id go with mma most of the time.

that card last night was better than any undercard boxing threw out this year except maybe the mayweather-canelo card. ufc usually puts out good undercards for their ppvs.

just because you guys arent a fan of wrestling, kicking, mma in general doesn't help people shouldnt be doing it. you in a closed box thinking boxing is superior the same way you think one brand is better than another, which is only cause that brand was probably was more exposed and more people noticed and took interest but that doesnt mean the other brand sucks. think outside the box.

i like how ufc actually showcased females, unlike boxing. and it was a good fight, and yes most ufc fights end very quick sometimes but mma isn't bad at all.

what happened last night was a freak accident but the card in general was very enjoyable. better than most boxing cards this year by a long shot.

The Broner Maidana card blew that UFC garbage out of the water last night.

Comment

All these mma threads...people must have been really bored yesterday with no boxing.

Comment

Not really into MMA but that doesn't happen very frequent giving how many kicks/checks there are it was the perfect counter check, that happen to catch the weak part of the leg which is the danger with kicking the inner shin.

Despite that Kickboxing/Muay Thai are phenomenal, entertaining sports to watch and are done at a much higher level.

Comment

There does seem to be an inordinate amount of hatred for MMA going around Boxingscene lately. Most of the posters in here don't seem to understand martial arts or the point of MMA. Boxing and MMA are two very different sports. We can, and do, have room for both. What happened with Silva was a rare occurrence that had more to do with his misfortune and poor timing than the kick itself. As to the entertainment aspect, the card was great fun last night. There were a lot of early KOs and boxing fans who like KOs should appreciate it. Sure, MMA fighters normally have terrible hands, but the quick finishes always have you on the edge of your seat. MMA fighters have a lot more tools and they can end you in a multitude of different ways. That is why I think it gets (and deserves) attention. Boxing and MMA are different but they also share some similarities. You really don't need to compare the two.

Comment

I'll never understand when fans of certain sports denigrate another sport. how insecure a fan can you be really?

except golf. **** golf.

Comment

Ok then if you don't like it don't watch mma, doesn't mean no one else should be able to enjoy it......I like combat sports period and BTW the women's title fight was more entertaining and suspenseful than most boxing matches I have seen all this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Ok then if you don't like it don't watch mma, doesn't mean no one else should be able to enjoy it......I like combat sports period and BTW the women's title fight was more entertaining and suspenseful than most boxing matches I have seen all this year.
                If they weren't chicks would it still be as suspenseful?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  If they weren't chicks would it still be as suspenseful?
                  Yes given their history and the fact that if Ronda gets a hold of another chicks arm most likely it could be snap crackle and/or pop but that is like asking if Paulie had some power would he be a better fighter, moot point because he doesn't and they are ladies.

Comment

I never liked MMA or UFC, always find it boring.

And the belt sucks, looks like those from WWA, you know, fake.

Comment

judging by the amount of mmgay discussion on a boxing site, i guess when there's no boxing on, all the gay boxing fans tune in to mmgay lol!!!

im not surprised to hear what happened, mmgay is fake, you never see anythign like that happen in boxing b/c boxing is for real! In mma you also see guys running up the fence and kicking ppl in the face like some kind of action movie, or grown men get tossed 6 ft into the air and dropped on their faces. That would never happen in a REAL combat sport like baxin'!

Instead of watching mma yesterday, i hit up the boxing gym and worked on my footworks.
                      Last edited by krimzon; 12-29-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X