Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Besides Mayweather, does any champ at 147 stand any chance against Amir Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besides Mayweather, does any champ at 147 stand any chance against Amir Khan?

Sure Mayweather is going to be the favorite against anyone he fights at ww but what about Khan? He'll be the favorite against all belt-holders in the division right now, apart from Mayweather...

WBO Belt: Bradley ducked Khan at 140, he probably duck him again at 147 lets face it. But if the fight happens theres no way Bradley could beat Khan after what the slow Provodnikov did to him.. And then look what a fast fighter like Pacquiao did - he basically dominated Bradley for most of that fight.. Bradley dont have enough power to hurt Khan and that means Khan will out-speed him and beat him down fairly easy.

IBF Belt: Porter beat down Alexander but he got a draw with Julio Diaz first time they fought which means he approx same level as Diaz. Khan beat Diaz so no doubt he beats Porter pretty easy too.

WBA Belt: Maidana was already beat down by Khan so we can safely assume that Khan is superior to the current WBA champion at this point already since he already beat that man down and almost made him quit boxing..

And the rest of the belts are Mayweather's = The only man who has a chance at 147 against Khan..

Its always hard to rule out Khan because of his quickness and speed and angles. Hes a good test for any welter out there.

Comment

Could Khan beat any top welterweight more like.

Floyd, Bradley, Brook, Manny, Thurman, Guerrero, Maidana, Porter, Abregu, I think they all beat him.

I'm not sure he beats Alexander, or even a Bundu or Karrass I really aren't.

You'd have to like Bailey to land at some point too & God ****ing help Khan if he does.

Comment

Maidana has improved a lot since. Hes straightened out his punches, tightened his defense, throws in combinations, his conditioning has improved whilst Khan has declined.

The Khan I seen fight Diaz was the worse ever and it wasn't all Diaz's doing. I fail to see that version beat anyone of note at welter.

Comment

This Khan promoting is silly. Most of us know all the welterweights besides Paulie would knock Khan clean out. If Khan wants a fight, he should call out Prescott.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            Sure Mayweather is going to be the favorite against anyone he fights at ww but what about Khan? He'll be the favorite against all belt-holders in the division right now, apart from Mayweather...

WBO Belt: Bradley ducked Khan at 140, he probably duck him again at 147 lets face it. But if the fight happens theres no way Bradley could beat Khan after what the slow Provodnikov did to him.. And then look what a fast fighter like Pacquiao did - he basically dominated Bradley for most of that fight.. Bradley dont have enough power to hurt Khan and that means Khan will out-speed him and beat him down fairly easy.

IBF Belt: Porter beat down Alexander but he got a draw with Julio Diaz first time they fought which means he approx same level as Diaz. Khan beat Diaz so no doubt he beats Porter pretty easy too.

WBA Belt: Maidana was already beat down by Khan so we can safely assume that Khan is superior to the current WBA champion at this point already since he already beat that man down and almost made him quit boxing..

And the rest of the belts are Mayweather's = The only man who has a chance at 147 against Khan..
            I agree with just about everything here..But Bradley didn't "duck" Khan, he just did what Khan did in seeking best career options.. If I remember correctly Khan was brought here as a star from U.K already filling arenas and making millions but it was Khan who wanted number 1 & 2 Bradley and Alexander to fight an "eliminator" while he fights Malignaggi.. With that said I fully agree and believe Khan would beat Bradley and he wouldn't struggle to do it..

I doubt Khan beats Porter easily because he didn't beat Diaz easily and Porter has that Kryptonite for Khan which is power to his not so sturdy jaw. Matter of fact I'm not even sure he beats Porter..

And Khan outboxed Maidana pretty easy to me and all the fuss about Maidana "almost knocking Khan out" is just too much hate for Khan or love for Marcos, either way nobody will bring more of a challenge to Floyd RIGHT NOW, without some ridiculous weight advantage than Khan..Hate it or love it the person who gave Floyd more competition in recent fights was V. Ortiz!!

Khan is definitely a dangerous fight for Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post

LOL troll thread .......... Timmy Pillow Fist Bradley tko's khan within 7 rounds no question's asked .Porter had a rematch with diaz and tore his azz apart after khan was nearly knocked out by him... garcia trained Maidana stops him within 4 rounds k.o. victory .. thurman k.o.'s him .. manny k.o.s him... jmm k.o.s him .. karas k.o.s him .. guerrero tko's him .... Josesito Lopez Tko's him ... Abregu , Gomez , Alexander all defeat him he may be able to compete against vargas , khabib ,berto ,brook,broner and rematches with paulie and zab but even then its not 100% he defeats those guys or the guys he has defeated in his past as he has changed his style and is only half of what he used to be

Maybe try thinking of a 140 pound fighter he might actually be able to defeat even then he really has no chance he has a glass jaw and already lost to garcia and peterson just think of what lucas mathy would do to him
              Last edited by way2strong; 12-27-2013, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Yeah, Khan really hungry for that Maidana rematch at welterweight seeing as how ineffective Maidana was against Broner

Comment

Khan can beat anyone if he avoids getting hit clean on the chin.

Comment

Lmao Karass would give him the bidness. Hell Berto would GTFO here

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X