Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: I Would Consider Fighting Groves Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward's "activity" after the Super Six...

He fought poor "one shot" Dawson (Stevenson knows why); he called Pavlik (!?!); he was "targeting" Dimitri Sartison (???), but HBO refused and forced him to fight Rodriguez...
    Now it seems he wants Groves...

Please note: Ward is #2 PfP...

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
      AKA... "I wouldn't mind to keep ducking Golovkin. Whatever I have to do to keep ducking, I will".
      Don't be silly boy... Ward would absolutely toy with GGG.

The Groves fight would be a quality fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Ward was tied up with the S6 and was hurt while Bute got beat by a guy Ward won against convincingly, losing all appeal.
        he wasn't injured when he said bute had to prove himself. what a lame excuse. then he tries to fight bums like sartison and rodriguez. they proved themselves? lol! bute would have made him a lot of money as well but oh well. he didn't want it just like he didn't want it against Stevenson. southpaws with great left hands against a guy with a shoulder roll no surprise there. night mare style for him. ward's only looking for certain opponents like another pound for pound "great" lmao

Comment

• Ward's "activity" after the Super Six...

He fought poor "one shot" Dawson (Stevenson knows why); he called Pavlik (!?!); he was "targeting" Dimitri Sartison (???), but HBO refused and forced him to fight Rodriguez...
          Now it seems he wants Groves...

Please note: Ward is #2 PfP...
          Ward has done fine thus far, for some reason people seem to forget that he broke his hand during the final bout of the Super Six and couldn't fight Bute even if he wanted to. Also don't know why people blame Ward for the Dawson fight when Dawson actually called him out for his title, how was he to know Dawson couldn't make weight?

People knock Ward for fighting Rodriguez but exactly who should he have fought for his first match back from a serious injury? The only valid issue with Ward is that he seems to be injury prone.

People have become super critical of Ward, guess he's finally getting the attention he so desperately wanted!

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Did Ottke ever do that, prove himself against the best?
            Didn't Ottke win a tournament consisting of the best 168 pounders? At the very least he must have cleaned out the division during his era, right?

Otherwise why would Battling Nelson be comparing him to Ward?

Comment

• lets be real folks, how much of a chance are you giving groves? lol, ward is no froch. he's not nearly as hittable. he's going to get frustrated when ward smothers his work and clinches. ward will play to his full advantages and sadly, if thats clinching and holding he's going to do it if it means a W.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                You should just keep Ottke to the same standards as you keep Ward. After all these two have a lot in common. Both stand out am's. They won't fight abroad. Gets favorable officiating. Cannot crack an egg.
                I dont think it was, but I bet you have a bona fide bullitproof statistic ready to 'prove' that this era is better.
                Surely you can't seriously compare Ottke to Ward?

Ward's wasting away his prime years and has done nothing of any note since 2011 but he's beaten a lot better fighters than Ottke did.

Comment

• Groves>Froch

Comment

• Aren't you suing Goosen?
                    Won't be seeing you for a while if you try this.... don't see him winning this fight either...court fight that is

Comment

• I would love this! Groves has more chance at beating Ward then Froch has thats for sure (I am still picking Ward though lol). Froch is too slow for Ward he would lose 10 times out of 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X