Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Hints He'll Face Khan or Maidana on May 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There were thousands and thousands of "intelligent" comments on Floyd's FB account on these images...
    ... Now here...
    ... And?

Comment

• Originally posted by El Verdugo View Post
      Should fight Lara.
      Is it possible to imagine a more boring fight than this?

Plus: Lara would win a pointless fight with 3-4 punches landing in each round (for both fighters).

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        What you're saying is completely false though. He wasn't accused of cherry picking those fighters at all.

The only catch weight fights Mayweather has had were against P4P fighters.

How can you say Mayweather cherry picks because he fought Cotto after Pacqyaio stopped him when Pacquaio fought Hatton after Mayweather stopped him and Molsey after Mayweather dominated him?

Same logic applies. Same logic applies for everything you've said yet it's one standard for one and another for the other.

It clearly is because he's to good, clearly. He's the only guy who'd be accused of cherry picking for fighting the guys he does.
        The guy CLEARLY does not understand double standards. What's funny is he contradicts his very own sentences and doesn't even know it.

However, I can't tell if he's lying or just doesn't realize he is completely wrong about everything he's arguing about, which is common.

Either way it's funny....

Comment

• Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          "People don't know shyt about boxing on this website"

"Suggests that Mayweather fights Middleweights in Martinez and Golovkin"
          Ok you fu**in dumbass what was Hagler to Duran and Leonard?? Or Ruiz to Jones?? You don't know shyt about boxing fu**in idiot!

Comment

What you're saying is completely false though. He wasn't accused of cherry picking those fighters at all.

How can you say Mayweather cherry picks because he fought Cotto after Pacqyaio stopped him when Pacquaio fought Hatton after Mayweather stopped him and Molsey after Mayweather dominated him?

Same logic applies. Same logic applies for everything you've said yet it's one standard for one and another for the other.

It clearly is because he's to good, clearly. He's the only guy who'd be accused of cherry picking for fighting the guys he does.
            Exactly Pac is accused of cherry picking hatton although he fought Hatton at his best weight. That's how good Pac is. And Pac is also accused of cherry picking SSM. You are admitting the fact that although Pac fights good opponents he is a cherry picker according to some.

Floyd is accused of cherry picking Pacs leftovers, because Pac softens them up for Floyd, absolutely destroys them. Floyd may have ko'ed hatton, but he hardly damaged SSM beyond repair now did he?

Pac is accused of cherry picking Margarito even though Margarito was 3 divisionos heavier than Pac. That's how good Pac is considered. Margarito could fight anyone and be considered a dangerous opponent, even for BH. But for Pac its a cherry pick. That's how good Pac is considered.

Floyd is a cherry picker and ducker and its not a compliment believe me there. Pac fights 3 times to FLoyds once, so when Floyd fights Ortiz, Guerrero he is a cherry picker because even Ray Charles can see Floyd has to do more to justify his no1 reputation.

Comment

You said "What's new?" followed by "He won't fight anyone threatening" which spells out pretty clearly that you're claiming he never fights anyone threatening yet 4 of his last 5 fights you've considered threats before the fight by your own words Yet you still continue to call this man a cherry picker despite in your own actual words he takes fights you want to see, for the most part.

Atleast you're learning now and starting the discredit before the actual fight.
              Like I said in the very quote you responded to, I'm done trying to lie to myself. His last 5 fights were cherrypicks, just like Maidana or Khan. I'm not trying to hype myself up for these dudes having a chance. You know full well neither Khan nor Maidana belong in the same ring as Floyd.

I will tell you this though there are only 4 fighters I've really genuinely wanted Floyd to face, he's never faced any. Well I guess I did want him to face Cotto, so he faced 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (45-0, 26KOs) has yet to finalize an opponent for May 3rd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. While Mayweather has been spending some time poking fun at Pacquiao, he also took aim at the two most likely options for his May return.

Former 140-pound champion Amir Khan (28-3, 19KOs) has been mentioned as the frontrunner for several months. Marcos Maidana (35-3, 31KOs) has now emerged as a realistic candidate after winning a very impressive twelve round decision over Adrien Broner to capture the WBA welterweight crown earlier this month. [Click Here To Read More]
                No matter how you look at each potential match-up you come away with a bad taste in your mouth. Khan is a pathetic joke of a fighter, that has zero chin. He passes up tough matches all in the hopes of getting a Mayweather fight, thinking he can win. That's right, he passes on preparation and appropriate tests in the ring hoping to get a fight with Floyd. So in some ways he reminds more of that old man that goes to the convenience store every week to buy lottery tickets hoping he will win, rather than a trained ambitious prize fighter meeting each challenge as it comes.

But of the two, I give Maidana credit for responding to Mayweather's taunts, unlike other people that defer to their promoter or God.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Exactly Pac is accused of cherry picking hatton although he fought Hatton at his best weight. That's how good Pac is. And Pac is also accused of cherry picking SSM. You are admitting the fact that although Pac fights good opponents he is a cherry picker according to some.
                  No, that's not what I said.

I am using your logic about cherry picking.

You say "Floyd fought Cotto after Pacqauio stopped him" yet that scenario is identical to Pacquaio fighting Hatton after Floyd stopped.

Yet one's considered a cherry pick and the other isn't.

No one say's Pacquaio cherry picked Hatton. It wasn't considered it at the time nor now.

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Floyd is accused of cherry picking Pacs leftovers, because Pac softens them up for Floyd, absolutely destroys them. Floyd may have ko'ed hatton, but he hardly damaged SSM beyond repair now did he?
                  So it's one rule for one and not the other? Ok.

Pac is accused of cherry picking Margarito even though Margarito was 3 divisionos heavier than Pac. That's how good Pac is considered. Margarito could fight anyone and be considered a dangerous opponent, even for BH. But for Pac its a cherry pick. That's how good Pac is considered.
                  Pacquaio is accused of cherry picking Margarito because he was unranked and hadn't had an impressive win in 3 or so years.

Margarito would be considered a dangerous opponent for Hopkins? Please.

He wouldn't be considered a good victory for anybody that was relevant at 147-154 at the time considering he hadn't done anything in years.

Floyd is a cherry picker and ducker and its not a compliment believe me there. Pac fights 3 times to FLoyds once, so when Floyd fights Ortiz, Guerrero he is a cherry picker because even Ray Charles can see Floyd has to do more to justify his no1 reputation.
                  And this is here is confirming my original point.

Mayweather's the only person who can fight the calibur of opponents he does and be considered a cherry picker.

All he fights is top ranked contenders or Champions yet he's the only guy who get's criticized for being a cherry picker.

I suppose, to take your line, that just shows how good he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Like I said in the very quote you responded to, I'm done trying to lie to myself. His last 5 fights were cherrypicks, just like Maidana or Khan. I'm not trying to hype myself up for these dudes having a chance. You know full well neither Khan nor Maidana belong in the same ring as Floyd.

I will tell you this though there are only 4 fighters I've really genuinely wanted Floyd to face, he's never faced any. Well I guess I did want him to face Cotto, so he faced 1.
                    Not in your eyes they aren't.

Saying they were "lies" is the most absurd cop-out I've ever read.

And you're saying you didn't want him to fight Mosley? Yet, he was ducking him? So he was ducking someone that he shouldn't have fought (in your eyes) anyway? You're going to sit here and say you didn't want to see that fight with Mosley when you picked Mosley to knock him out and were pretty adamant about it? Yeah, right.

You picked Mosley to knock him out, you picked Ortiz to beat him, you made a thread asking for the Cotto fight, and you said Floyd should fight Guererro.

These are all things you said prior to the fights, therefore how can you say he's cherry picked his last 5 fights? You can't, it's impossible.

The only one you have a leg to stand on is the Canelo catchweight, that's it.

And Maidana does belong in the ring with Mayweather, he's proven he's a top contender in Mayweather's weight class so therefore he's a worthy challenger.

Khan doesn't, obviously.

Comment

• I don't see how a Maidana fight could be seen as a cherry picking. He's a legitimate WW world champion and facing Floyd they would be unifying titles. Could something be more legitimate than this?

Comment

Working...
                      X