No announcement yet.

Lampley Keeps Telling His Audience We Mock Rigo And Don't Want To See Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
    his last fight was against one of the most active fighters in the sport and the guy just stood there rigo had no chance to make it exciting
    That's why I used the word "fearless".

You have to put Rigo in there against fighters who will put themselves at a disadvantage in order to land punches.

Comment

It's disgusting. I wonder how long Rigo's contract runs with Arum. He should run to Showtime as soon as it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        Floyd was an Olympic medalist who could speak english, not the same. Came from the Mayweather family too..
        Besides that, Mayweather isn't on a bicycle the whole time. He'll hang in there from time to time, making the opposition miss and counterpunching.

This amateur style of Rigo's is nothing, at all, like Mayweather's style.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          It's disgusting. I wonder how long Rigo's contract runs with Arum. He should run to Showtime as soon as it's done.
          I'm sure HBO wouldn't be too terribly disappointed. In fact, I think the only reason HBO isn't trying to cut Rigo loose is because they are holding hope that they can get a rematch with he and Donaire.

Once Rigo is with Showtime, that possibility is long gone.

Comment

Runner lol he stood right in front of Agbeko and Donaire for most part & it was them that was in survival mode!

Match him up with Kiko Martinez, Frampton, Cruz, you will see the best of Rigo.

Comment

Whether you like the guy or not is a matter of taste. All I know is Rigo is a rare talent. How many guys can anyone think of that are in his league? Floyd? Ward?

The "people" have spoken, I guess, because HBO is pulling the plug on "El Chacal." I'm just glad most of the hardcore guys here on Boxingscene disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                Lampley is only telling facts

Rigo had one of the lowest HBO ratings ever

Rigo lands less than 20% of his punches

Rigo is a runner
                ****** post .... rigo besides cordoba and middle rounds of donaire stays in the pocket .... fans are silly and are blinded .... just because you side step duck turn step back don't mean you running smh .. then you say he lands 20% and on another post because you heard lampley said it? LOL this is the problem for some of yall .. i like lampley alot solid dude but thats a ridiculous statement... rigo throws alot of range finding not even full extent on his jabs i remember they had rounds aginst marroquin where he threw 100 jabs come on man ... i know power punches he is not landing 20% you guys on here hear somebody or read something make your judgement .. do you actually think he landing 20% when rigo throws hard explosive punches i rarely see him miss when he throws snap on his punches but once again those range finding jabs blind you 20 % ..... lastly.. rigo never had showcase fights in prime main event hbo .. 13 fights he dropped i think 10 out of 13 but never had fights aginst gavin rees eloy perez rodriguez escobedo of the world on hbo to make casuals think oh he's a beast ..... can you imagine if the kills he had over teon kennedy dropped 5 times ..underfeated at the time also to get mandatory willie casey in 1 ! big as marroquin dropped twice was on main event hbo ..then the performance aginst "pound for pound beast" donaire who was beheading fighters ... wtf will a casual say? the problem he never had showcase fights against cab drivers on main events or hbo to give casual that thought .. the man only has 13 fights and just made ex champ agbeko who beat yhonny perez vic darcinhyan and gave abner mares hell also broke reords for most punches thrown in title fights rigo made him so spook it was hilarious .. after the fight agbeko said it himself how great rigo is... blinded people smh it's boxing a beautiful sport where we should love all styles ... case ****ing close

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  Jim Lampley via HBO has been making it seem like hardcore fans don't like Guillermo Rigondeaux, find him boring and don't want to see him fight. Repeatedly. For those who have seen his most recent broadcasts you'll know what I'm talking about. Based on what I've seen that is a complete LIE. HBO has an agenda to get rid of Rigondeaux and now they're using us to try and help this agenda. Do want to see Rigondeaux fight on TV and will you continue to support his career?
                  I think Rigo is a master boxer and I enjoy seeing him shut opponents down. I don't see what the issue is with him or why HBO wants to crap on him. I mean really they have one of the most talented boxers in the world fighting on their network, why they don't know how to market him better is beyond me. They need to develop a tourney with like 6 or 8 guys or whatever and invest in the promotion of it and keep pitching the winner of the tourney as the best super bantamweight in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Runner lol he stood right in front of Agbeko and Donaire for most part & it was them that was in survival mode!

Match him up with Kiko Martinez, Frampton, Cruz, you will see the best of Rigo.
                    I totally agree, all 3 of those fights would be great

Comment

I'm not even sure if I would even notice if Rigo didn't fight again, similar to the Dirrell brothers.

Comment

Working...
                      X