Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather & Pacquiao: The Global Statistics (who is more relevant?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:
    Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    Pac stans making excuses here

Hilarious

Floyd is more popular, doesn't take a genius

whocares>
    I agree. I mean American athletes are usually very popular worldwide that's a no-brainer. This fact however does not diminish the greatness of Pacquiao nor does it infer that Maywether is greater because remember, popularity does not = greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Warrior View Post
      :
      I agree. I mean American athletes are usually very popular worldwide that's a no-brainer. This fact however does not diminish the greatness of Pacquiao nor does it infer that Maywether is greater because remember, popularity does not = greatness.
      American athletes are popular worldwide? Some are, most aren't though...same for most places.

The numbers posted look pretty good for Pacquiao to be honest...Floyd is promoted as the best in the sport so of course he'll have more trends....trends are not the same as popularity. Pacquiao isn't anywhere near the top of the sport anymore yet still has considerable drag...thats impressive.

The thing to remember is that Floyd is a US attraction, and could pull off stages in Canada and the UK (with the right opponents) given the links between them. Mayweather represents a culture (the money thing) which is very hard to sell anywhere outside of the states.

Pacquiao is more a global star, especially in Asia, he doesn't need to fight in the US at all. You could sell this guys character just about anywhere.

Floyd is way more popular in terms of PPV and exposure, as he's at the top of the sport and is promoted as such. Why should we be holding Pacquiao and Floyd in the same standards?

Comment

During a vacation in Thailand, took some Muay Thai training. The instructors/fighters had a picture of Pacquiao and said his the best.

Comment

I'm in japan.
          Most japanese people have never even heard of their name.
          How about in your country?
          Last edited by kentou2013; 12-26-2013, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X