No announcement yet.

David Price & Adam Booth SPLIT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Price & Adam Booth SPLIT?

Rumours on Twitter that David Price & Adam Booth have ended their working relationship.

Strange move if true.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...wo-months.html
    Last edited by yoz; 12-24-2013, 12:54 PM.

Originally posted by yoz View Post
    Rumours on Twitter that David Price & Adam Booth have ended their working relationship.

Strange move if true.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...wo-months.html
    Price is better off away from Booth in my opinion. He should work with an American trainer like James Ali Bashir.

Edit: Uli Wegner will be David Price's trainer.

Wegner was a great trainer in his day (he has over 35 wins in world title fights) but he's very old now.

Comment

Adam Booth knocked Price spark out doing the pads.

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
        Adam Booth knocked Price spark out doing the pads.
        Not true. Somebody tweeted that as a joke.

It has to do with Booth getting permission to work in Germany.

Comment

Didn't know he was training Price.

Comment

Never liked Booth - always felt he's over-hyped by the British.

As Freedom says, Ulli Wegner is pretty old now. I guess it means Price is going to base himself in Germany?

Comment

Wegner is a horrible fit for Price.

Time is against Price, hes hugely flawed & whilst 30 is young for a modern day HW he is going to be inactive for some time come his next fight.
              He needs a lot of work and contrary to belief he really is not athletic in the slightest but he will probably fair well against static opposition.

Keep him away from southpaws & heavyweights with movement.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Wegner is a horrible fit for Price.

Time is against Price, hes hugely flawed & whilst 30 is young for a modern day HW he is going to be inactive for some time come his next fight.
                He needs a lot of work and contrary to belief he really is not athletic in the slightest but he will probably fair well against static opposition.

Keep him away from southpaws & heavyweights with movement.
                I think I disagree about Wegner. Wegner might be the right guy to teach Price some defense and the sparring in Wegner's gym is pretty tough.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  I think I disagree about Wegner. Wegner might be the right guy to teach Price some defense and the sparring in Wegner's gym is pretty tough.

I definitely agree with the quality sparring just not sure about Wegner helping his defence.

He has a stable of good fighters but their defence leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    I definitely agree with the quality sparring just not sure about Wegner helping his defence.

He has a stable of good fighters but their defence leaves a lot to be desired.
                    I'm not a fan of the style of Wegner's fighters in general, but their defense is normally well founded. The thing about Price, is that he makes amateurish mistakes that is pretty mindboggling. Booth apparently could not correct them and at 30+ it won't be easy but a change of trainer might be What's needed for Price to regain his confidence. Wegner will definetely teach him discipline and dedication.

Comment

Working...
                    X