This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
    Floyd walk down Pac??? Are you on something? Anyone able to walk down Pac that would give you that idea. You route for Floyd but you got to be realistic.
    Morales had success when he stuck his jab and right hand mixing in moving laterally And moving forward... Not following like margarito

Marquez used nifty pivots and counter punching to have success. He punched with PAC as well...neither guy were shelled up like Rios or clottey

Watch how Floyd fights southpaws... Guerrero isn't a quick southpaw like PAC, but Judah, ortiz and corley were so he used switched from shoulder rolling to hands high...walking them down and controlling angles and punching with them.

Mayweather is a better inside fighter than PAC, cuts off the ring, fights better outside and that counter right will land and often like with other elites he fought. Mayweather also doesn't fold when buzzed or hurt and actually gets meaner....watch the Judah, corley and Mosley fights.

Mayweather holds every advantage outside of manny throwing odd shots and maybe one shot power

Comment

• Not true.........

"Mayweather holds every advantage outside of manny throwing odd shots and maybe one shot power."

No, he doesn't. Manny is faster of hand and foot than Floyd. Manny is naturally stronger than Floyd. Mayweather may be a better inside fighter BUT Manny never cared about inside fighting. WHY? Because he has fast feet, strong legs, and great stamina. Floyd will not get to fight him inside. Manny won't let him. His arm length WILL be neutralized by Manny's ability to control distance and range. Just look at how he took away CA's jab and combination punching. Hoya's jab. Cheeto's jab. Cotto's jab. Clottey's jab. Bradley's jab and combination punching. Truth is, I expect Manny to bust Floyd's face up and outpoint him. Floyd is a bit overrated and now he's OLD as well. I cannot wait for this fight! Floyd needs another beating. The Maidana fights wasn't enough for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        The test isn't special... If you're not cheating take the test...you and I would for 40+ million involved.

The gloves ain't special if both are wearing the same gloves.

I've been hit with Reyes, grants, everlasting you name it. MX and Reyes have hardly padding on the knuckles.

Cuts happen easier, broken knuckles, you name it.

Floyd wasn't the first or last A side to choose the gloves....won't be the last

Maidana didn't care where he landed so you try taking low blows, rabbit punches, etc with gloves with bad pad distribution.

If you've never sparred or boxed you'd never know.
        yup, that's why floyd paid Maidana tons of $$$ just to wear pillow gloves! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
          "Mayweather holds every advantage outside of manny throwing odd shots and maybe one shot power."

No, he doesn't. Manny is faster of hand and foot than Floyd. Manny is naturally stronger than Floyd. Mayweather may be a better inside fighter BUT Manny never cared about inside fighting. WHY? Because he has fast feet, strong legs, and great stamina. Floyd will not get to fight him inside. Manny won't let him. His arm length WILL be neutralized by Manny's ability to control distance and range. Just look at how he took away CA's jab and combination punching. Hoya's jab. Cheeto's jab. Cotto's jab. Clottey's jab. Bradley's jab and combination punching. Truth is, I expect Manny to bust Floyd's face up and outpoint him. Floyd is a bit overrated and now he's OLD as well. I cannot wait for this fight! Floyd needs another beating. The Maidana fights wasn't enough for me.
          As far as speed mayweather throws faster single shots and is far more accurate than PAC with technique...timing beats speed... Manny throws more clusters of shots but isn't as accurate...he also gets sloppy,lacks a consistent jab and doesn't know how to effectively cut off the ring. As I said Floyd gives different looks defensively and offensively.. Also mayweather adapts better mid fight than anyone. Can't wait to see them fight...its gonna come down to who wants it more. When pushed mayweather has shown that extra gear n zeros in. PAC def poses the best stylistic threat of potential foes, IMO even though I favor Floyd

Comment

• Excellent Post.....

This is an excellent post! Manny is my favorite fighter of this era, BUT I have to be fair and realistic when analyzing this fight. I cannot stand Floyd but he is an amazing fighter. How good is he, though? He's only fought a couple of A Level guys in his career that told us how good he was. Hoya, who was a shell when he fought Floyd and Manny. Cotto is an A Level fighter and Floyd showed true heart in closing that fight out. Manny has fought the better fighters I think. This fight will come down to hunger more than anything. Floyd is too rich and doesn't really want the fight. He wants the money without the fight. Manny on the other hand, is a TRUE champion and seems to be pissed off and doesn't like Floyd. He is the hungrier fighter at this stage of their careers. He also appears to be the fresher fighter. Floyd reflexes are going FAST and he isn't active enough to outpoint Manny. In my opinion, he has to KO Manny or Manny will outpoint him.

Comment

• Floyd walk down Pacquiao??????? Is there any limit to the fantasy???

Comment

This is an excellent post! Manny is my favorite fighter of this era, BUT I have to be fair and realistic when analyzing this fight. I cannot stand Floyd but he is an amazing fighter. How good is he, though? He's only fought a couple of A Level guys in his career that told us how good he was. Hoya, who was a shell when he fought Floyd and Manny. Cotto is an A Level fighter and Floyd showed true heart in closing that fight out. Manny has fought the better fighters I think. This fight will come down to hunger more than anything. Floyd is too rich and doesn't really want the fight. He wants the money without the fight. Manny on the other hand, is a TRUE champion and seems to be pissed off and doesn't like Floyd. He is the hungrier fighter at this stage of their careers. He also appears to be the fresher fighter. Floyd reflexes are going FAST and he isn't active enough to outpoint Manny. In my opinion, he has to KO Manny or Manny will outpoint him.
                For once I'm enjoying a PAC vs Floyd debate lol...IMO its completely the opposite...Manny isn't gonna outbox Floyd...wont cut off the ring, and isn't a great puncher @ 147...he has to hurt Floyd it be super active given the discrepancy in accuracy...Floyd will land better single shots manny will miss a lot but the crowd can sway judges...kds can too lol... Floyd has more options and dimensions to his game to lose on points....except getting robbed...I'll say it again...fighters like Floyd Roy Jones and Whitaker were so great in their time that you ain't outpointing them near prime they gotta be noticeably past it...kos or robberies you aint winning clear on points PAC gotta hurt em or ko him....guys like that are too dominant for clear points wins

Comment

You also realize when called upon he shown greatness....watch his fight against Jesus chavez he was behind on some or even on the sc....hatton was close, maidana 1st fight was close after 6 rounds, jlc ....he has that gear.... Pac hasn't always adjusted mid fight to pull things out

Comment

• Morales.....

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]The last guy to clearly outpoint Manny was Morales in the first fight. It'll be interesting to say the least. Floyd isn't 28 anymore, he's 38! Maidana embarrassed him in the first fight. Floyd beat him clearly 11-1 in the rematch. I see slippage in Floyd. He is not the same fighter he used to be. Meanwhile, Manny is picking up steam. He's won 3 in a row and taken two undefeated records in the process. if Manny was "old", he would've lost all three of those fights. Instead, he's shown his ring IQ and true gifts in the process./COLOR]

Comment

• http://instagram.com/p/xdEpPdOd8s/

Shots fired

Comment

Working...
                      X