Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd vs Maidana Is As Much A Mismatch As Pacquiao vs Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidana is a proven fighter than Rios at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
      Maidana and Rios are about the same in terms of skill level and even have a similar aggressive style. They often spar together and those sessions are always very close and evenly-matched.

If Floyd ever fought Maidana it would be the same as Pacquiao fighting Rios. Now if Floyd did chose Rios (a guy Manny just beat) I think most would be dead against that fight.

As everyone knows Khan already beat Maidana clearly and Maidana has not improved in any way since he fought Khan. He's the same fighter as before but against Broner he was back to the same sort of form as the Khan fight.

He went through a bad patch after his loss to Khan, depression and a drop in motivation plagued him with the realization that he had been beaten by a clearly better fighter, he fell out of love with the sport until he connected with Robert Garcia where the change of scene has brought back the passion he needed to once again be a top tier fighter and return to the level he was at when he lost to Khan.

The bottomline of course is that how could Floyd choose one of Khan's former victims instead of Khan himself? Wouldn't that be like Floyd choosing to fight Brandon Rios instead of fighting Pacquiao?

Exactly..
      I understand the point you are trying to make, however the difference is Maidana had fought a few times at ww and he has yet to lose at ww, and he is the wba champ. Not to mention he beat the guy that was as closely compared to Floyd as any other fighter in the last decade if not ever, so that makes the fight easier to hype.

Comment

Stop it buddy. It's just not the same.

Yeah but there's just one big difference...Maidana isn't coming off of a big fat loss. He's actually coming off of an impressive victory over a previously undefeated fighter who was the favorite. I agree with you but Rios just got his ass kicked while Maidana did the ass kicking. And this is boxing. Anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          You need to stop. You do not know what you are talking about. Maidana is a different beast than Rios. He's in shape and belongs at 147 because he's actually a beast, he trains hard and gives 110% in every fight. Rios is at 140-147 because he doesn't train hard enough to be at 135. He has too much flab to be called even a legit JWW, he's like Juan Diaz.
          Maidana and Rios are roughly equal, they are both aggressive fighters who work best on the front foot and can't really fight well off the back foot. They both have a similar array of punches and both fighters can throw awkward angular shots. Each of them does not perform brilliantly, generally speaking, against fighters who use lateral movement and fundamental boxing skills so they both have been outboxed several times before by boxers who used footwork. But neither fighter himself uses superior footwork. They have a similar punch resistance and durability too, as well as comparable punching power. They both have had around 35 fights. They also both have 3 losses, assuming you include Brandon's unofficial, but widely accepted, loss to Abril.

Comment

Maidana's and Rios' record in the 147 lbs weight division

Maidana - 4-1. Good wins against Broner, and Soto Karass

Rios - 0-1 - losses against Alvarado in his last fight.

Comment

i honestly don't see maidana getting outboxed by ****ing mike alvarado. maybe it's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                i honestly don't see maidana getting outboxed by ****ing mike alvarado. maybe it's just me.
                He also looked like a punching bag against Manny Pacquiao. Mayweather would beat Maidana, but at least Marcos is going to give him a good and competitive fight. And the Current Maidana would beat Rios.

Comment

Working...
                X