that would be a great fight hatton in 9, if he wins this he sets up a match with the pretty one after he destroys zab.
Hatton vs. Cotto on June 10?
Collapse
-
I think cotto has the better skills but then hatton is a non stop punching machine. and the best part is that their both undefeated the winner should fight mayweather another undefeated fighter.Comment
-
2 fighters that dont back down......that makes for a great fight! if it turns into a brawl, it goes to Hatton, but dont be surprised if Cotto outboxes the Hitman.Originally posted by OASIS_LADi agree cotto is a great fighter and so is hatton i just hope the fight gets made
Comment
-
-
Hatton..
Ricky Hatton will have to wait another week to discover his opponent for his assault on America.
Broadcasting giants Showtime and HBO are currently involved in a bidding war for Hatton, the IBF and WBA light-welterweight champion.
A multi-fight promotional deal between Team Hatton, American company Banner Promotions and British promoters Fight Academy was officially announced in London today - but speculation over Hatton's next opponent continues, with Argentinian Carlos Baldomir the likeliest possibility.
"Within the next six to seven days there will be an announcement," said Banner president Bart Pelullo. "Both Showtime and HBO want to be in the Ricky Hatton business and he will be fighting in May."
The venue will be a specially-erected 20,000-capacity tent at the Foxwoods Casino Resort in Connecticut but the date will depend on which of the American broadcasters secures Hatton's signature.
Moving up
Hatton's preferred option is to move up to welterweight to try to become a two-weight world champion with a fight against Argentina's new WBC holder Carlos Baldomir following his surprise victory over Zab Judah, previously the top man in the division.
The 27-year-old Mancunian said: "My choice would be to fight Baldomir. When I beat Kostya Tszyu I became the man at light-welterweight. Baldomir by beating Zab Judah has become the man at welterweight.
"I have the chance to become an undisputed double-weight champion and there's a good chance of that fight being made," said Hatton.
Baldomir, a free agent with no ties to any broadcaster, could fight on either Showtime or HBO.
Comment
-
Hattons relentless pressure will come to stop whille cotto works his body with his devestating body shots stoping The hitman from his so called relentless attack.. Cotto wins this fight by tiring hatton then finishing by cuts to the face... before round 11Comment
-
should be fun. Could cotto keep hatton off of him? I hope this is in the US
After this fight they both will probably move to 140. Unless COTTO wants to wait for castillo to move to 140. Anyway Hatton/Cotto winner should fight Mayweather/Judah winner.Comment
Comment