No announcement yet.

Who does Broner remind you more of?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who does Broner remind you more of?

There's always these Floyd comparisons but the real comparisons should be Alexander and Berto.

Alexander: Him and his team thought they were better than what they actually were. Was given a few gift decisions. Quit vs Bradley. Fought the weakest title holder for the WW title. Was embarrassed by Porter.
    Broner: Same as above. Him and his team thought they were better than they actually were. Was gifted 2 decisions vs Quintero and Ponce. Was looking for a way to quit vs Maidana after a headbutt. Got an undeserved title shot at WW. Was embarrassed by Maidana.

Berto: Was hyped up to no limits. Was fast and athletically gifted. Crap stamina and glass chin.
    Broner: Same as above. Was hyped up to limits thanks to HBO and Haymon. Has fast hands and athletically gifted. Punch output sucks and has a glass chin as we all expected.

The biggest thing between both guys that we shouldn't forget tho, is the Philly shell! These two got the worst Philly shells I've seen in my life.

I would say he's closest to Berto with Zab Judah legs when he's hurt.

They both have the ineffective shoulder roll and don't move too well. Both guys have taken serious beatings in their recent fights.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      There's always these Floyd comparisons but the real comparisons should be Alexander and Berto.

Alexander: Him and his team thought they were better than what they actually were. Was given a few gift decisions. Quit vs Bradley. Fought the weakest title holder for the WW title. Was embarrassed by Porter.
      Broner: Same as above. Him and his team thought they were better than they actually were. Was gifted 2 decisions vs Quintero and Ponce. Was looking for a way to quit vs Maidana after a headbutt. Got an undeserved title shot at WW. Was embarrassed by Maidana.

Berto: Was hyped up to no limits. Was fast and athletically gifted. Crap stamina and glass chin.
      Broner: Same as above. Was hyped up to limits thanks to HBO and Haymon. Has fast hands and athletically gifted. Punch output sucks and has a glass chin as we all expected.

The biggest thing between both guys that we shouldn't forget tho, is the Philly shell! These two got the worst Philly shells I've seen in my life.
      I didn't know Berto was thought to have a "glass chin" (though it's certainly not made of granite) and frankly, as much as I hate Broner, I hardly think being caught wide open by Maidana and going down means you've got a glass chin. I'm surprised he actually survived the first few rounds.

That said, the similarities to Berto are stronger than with Alexander, so I'd say he's possibly the next Berto. He's had limitations that showed up early and plenty of them resurfaced against Maidana on Saturday, and finally were too much to overcome.
      Last edited by samouraï; 12-16-2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Broner is the new berto.....

1. handpicked to be a superstar, with a padded record and careful matchmaking

2. both showed flaws vs c,b level fighters like collazo and ponce

3. both try and do the shoulder roll and both fail hard at it

4. both flat footed

5. both got exposed when stepping up

Comment

Urango, Maidana, Bailey and Witter >>>>> Malignaggi, Rees, DeMarco and Perez

More like Berto.

Comment

Berto- a protected haymon fighter who got exposed.

Comment

If Maidana gets the Mayweather shot and Broner becomes the new gatekeeper then he'll definitely be the new Berto.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Tbh Berto. Flat footed, defense is all upper body. Muscular build. Leaky defense. Low out-put. Look good against small opponents.

Comment

jeff lacy

Comment

Broner reminds me of Roy Jones Jr, he just needs to polish his craft and stay dedicated

Comment

Working...
                    X