Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigger upset, Maidana vs Broner or Garcia vs Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know, its pretty hard for me to decided.

Comment

Broner losing from the hype stand point. I thought Matthyse would beat Garcia, but Danny and his crazy Dad shocked me. That was a fans fight, Broner had the marketing, ESPN, the whole CBS/Showtime hype going. I fell for it, and figured he was better than he really is. Pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Actually, neither was that big of an upset. In terms of the hype on this site. Clearly Garcia vs Matthysse. There were people predicting Matthysse would literally murder Garcia in the ring. I think most people assumed Broner would beat Maidana but you really didn't have a lot of people hyping him up because he gets more hate than hype.

I think the one thing people didn't take into consideration was how much Maidana improved since his loss to Alexander. I also think people overlooked the flaws that showed up in Broner against Paulie.

Comment

Tbh, I had Danny/Mattysse as a 50/50 fight. So it was not surprising to see Danny do his thing.

But I honestly saw no way that broner was going to beat Maidana. I've said as much. He gets hit too much, pulls straight back, takes rounds off and has no respect for anything. I knew Maidana would beat his a$$.

Therefore the closest thing to an upset in my mind would be Garcia/Lucas cause I knew Madana was too much man for Broner.

Comment

Personally, and here on NSB, Garcia beating Matthysse was the much bigger upset. Don't know the betting odds.

Comment

Maidana

Although I thought Matthysse would steamroll Garcia, Broner made his own upset worse by acting like a clown

Comment

Originally posted by mirizarr View Post
                Discuss……………..
                Garcia v Matt, anyday *****, ppl actually thought Maidana had a decent chance of beatin Broner but almost everyone, cept me thought Matt would stop Garcia, aint no **** on that shine

Comment

Originally posted by mirizarr View Post
                  Discuss……………..
                  Bigger upset within Boxing insiders is definitely Maidana over Broner.

BUT biggest upset on Boxingscene was Garcia over Matthysse. The fanboys were out of control for Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Personally, and here on NSB, Garcia beating Matthysse was the much bigger upset. Don't know the betting odds.
                    Matthysse was a 2.5 to 1 favorite

Broner was a 4 to 1 favorite.

Comment

Working...
                    X