No announcement yet.

Broner be like.... [official AB meme/gif thread!]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
    This is what irritates me on this board. You're a good poster but dude sometimes you have to draw the line somewhere when it comes to this race thing. Why are you defending Broner? You really think the boxing community hates him coz his black? Do you really feel this way??? People celebrate him losing because dude is a total douchebag, plain and simple.

You have S.O.G. as you avatar for crying out loud! Ward is one of my favorite fighters, coz he doesn't act like a jerk and he carries himself well outside and inside the ring. Ward proves over and over again that he takes boxing seriously and doesn't speak ill of his opponents. Can you say the same thing about Broner?

This ain't Floyd we're talking about, this is BRONER. Let this one go dude, no need to make a huge racial debate about this, coz you're only giving Broner too much credit for even mentioning his name alongside old school greats.

i never discounted the behavior of adrian broner. i didn't discount his blackness, either. both are responsible for the hatred he recieves. it's obviously impossible to quantify the causes of the hatred.

to discount the impact of broner's blackness on the level of hatred he recieves is ignorant. i'm not saying that everybody who doesn't like broner is racist. i am saying that a sturdy portion of the "broner haters" hate him in part because of his race.

this isnt' just a phenomenon of blackness, either. some blacks discredit white fighters, mexicans, asians, etc. some mexicans discredit blacks, asians, whites.

race has an impact on boxing fanbases. to discount that notion is ignorant.

for the purposes of disclosure, i am italian. i get a nice tan in the summer, but i am white.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      because race is a big deal in a country founded on slave labor, and whose population in many urban areas [and their boxing gyms] is predominantly black.
      This is just dumb comparing the plight of blacks from the Jack Johnson era to now is just ignorant. Broner is getting **** on because he deserves it not because he is black.

Stop ruining this thread with the ******ed race card.

Comment

• Im black, i think broner is a douche..

Comment

right, and all white fighters were angels and that's why they weren't shamed
          being white had nothing to do with it.
          I Never said that.

Like I said, when another fighter of any race ****s on 20s in a Popeyes toilet and films it they will get just as much abuse as anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
            This is just dumb comparing the plight of blacks from the Jack Johnson era to now is just ignorant. Broner is getting **** on because he deserves it not because he is black.

Stop ruining this thread with the ******ed race card.

when people use this term you know that they have no idea of what they're speaking.

race has an impact in constancy. there is no "race card."

Comment

i never discounted the behavior of adrian broner. i didn't discount his blackness, either. both are responsible for the hatred he recieves. it's obviously impossible to quantify the causes of the hatred.

to discount the impact of broner's blackness on the level of hatred he recieves is ignorant. i'm not saying that everybody who doesn't like broner is racist. i am saying that a sturdy portion of the "broner haters" hate him in part because of his race.

this isnt' just a phenomenon of blackness, either. some blacks discredit white fighters, mexicans, asians, etc. some mexicans discredit blacks, asians, whites.

race has an impact on boxing fanbases. to discount that notion is ignorant.

for the purposes of disclosure, i am italian. i get a nice tan in the summer, but i am white.
              Fine, but if you're aware that the hated Broner gets is 97% baesd on his douchbagerry, then it's not really worth defending is it? Anyways, I said what I have to say. This is suppose to be a hilarious thread.

Comment

• My avatar of a boxing match is racist now,

kk

Self guilt can do some crazy things man
                Last edited by thuggery; 12-17-2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• New England, here's some hatton memes. Although he conducted himself with a lot more class than broner he still got the piss taken out of him:

Comment

when people use this term you know that they have no idea of what they're speaking.

race has an impact in constancy. there is no "race card."
                    When people say there is no race card. They are the ones that always bring up race when facts are not on their side or to justify their failures.

Nowadays race is as irrelevant as ever and most people that cry racism use it as an excuse or to exploit a situation thus the expression "you are pulling the race card".

Comment

• Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                      When people say there is no race card. They are the ones that always bring up race when facts are not on there side or to justify their failures.

Nowadays race is as irrelevant as ever and most people that cry racism use it as an excuse or to exploit a situation thus the expression "you are pulling the race card".

you're clearly very well studied in the area, i see.

Comment

Working...
                      X