Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd on Meeting with Pac Man "He Beat a Light Wait Now They're Saying he's Back"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd on Meeting with Pac Man "He Beat a Light Wait Now They're Saying he's Back"

From FightHype:

"My thing is this, you know, I don't really like to get into anyones financial business because I don't really want anyone in my financial business. You know, from what I hear, you know, I can go by from what I hear. He has problems; some real, real big problems, you know, and its three letters, and the first one begins with an I;, so would I be trying to get a potential fight with Floyd Mayweather if I'm in a very, very bad predicament from what I hear? Absolutely I would," Mayweather continued, making note of the fact that Pacquiao's recent tax issues likely motivated his desire to meet in person to talk. More importantly, however, Mayweather just isn't convinced that Pacquiao's lopsided victory over Brandon Rios was enough to prove that he's fully recovered and still able to compete at an elite level following his devastating knockout loss to Juan Manuel Marquez.

"So I guess, he was just 0 and 2 and your hear people saying, Manny, aw, his career is over. They was cracking so many different jokes about him, and you know, me, myself, I never once cracked a joke about him or anyone else because on one really knows what it takes to get inside that squared circle and go out there and fight your heart out. It takes a lot; it takes a lot, and boxing, its give and take and its a roller coaster ride. You got to just accept it for what it is," he added. "Like I said before, everybody like; you know, Pacquiao just got a cool victory, so everybody like;Uh, what about the Pacquiao fight? I mean, just, if I'm not mistaken, a year ago, y'all was like, ;This guy is through. You know, 9 or 10 months ago, they was talking about, ;This guy needs to retire. Now he comes back, he beat a lightweight, and now they're saying, "You know what? He's back. He can beat a slick, rangy, a real welterweight
    http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15788.html

My bad on the typo in the thread title

Comment

And you beat a bloated version of Marquez who went up 12 pounds to fight you for his FIRST FIGHT at WW and you still came 2 pounds overweight and you said you were back! LMAO!

Comment

So did they even meet? was it all rumors

Comment

he did the same shi* with marquez but he did fight tougher fighters after that

Comment

Well then...he better fight nothing but undefeated guys with a bank account full of millions from now on. Or else....

Comment

lol what was guerrero, Marquez?

Comment

Still scared I see.

Comment

pathetic floyd riod doesn't want to take the fight the fans want to see

Comment

I wish he could just give a straightforward answer for once. Cant argue though with anything he said. Pac's got serious money issues and beating Rios proved NOTHING

Comment

Working...
                    X