No announcement yet.

Tony Thompson vs. Odlanier Solis RbR & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I think Solis probably has a discipline issue. But, I've always thought maybe his excess weight is at least somewhat by design. Odlanier is a small heavyweight. It's possible that he's tried to compensate with some additional weight. If Solis came into a fight at his leanest, he'd look tiny. I'd love to hear Pedro give his take on all that.
    elnuevoherald.com/2014/03/18/1704146/equipo-de-solis-lamenta-lejania.html

Seems like Diaz has had a misunderstanding with Oner and Solis according to José Pérez an Arenabox rep in the US. Diaz won't be in Solis' corner.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
      elnuevoherald.com/2014/03/18/1704146/equipo-de-solis-lamenta-lejania.html

Seems like Diaz has had a misunderstanding with Oner and Solis according to José Pérez an Arenabox rep in the US. Diaz won't be in Solis' corner.
      Ugh.... Thanks for the article, bro. I think.... lol,

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Ugh.... Thanks for the article, bro. I think.... lol,
        Sucks, lol, smh. You got it.

Comment

I was hoping for 245 but at this point I don't think he'll ever get below 250... The problem with that is he can't use his legs as much when he's heavier. When Solis was an amateur he had some of the best footwork I've seen. This is too heavy for him.

Comment

Solis by decision.

Comment

Sheesh, 257??? Smh too heavy for Solis. How tall is he??? Is he even 6'2???

Comment

Solis looks not that bad compared to some other fights. More muscle and less fat but great shape looks different than that.

Comment

I've lost interest in Solis over the years. He looks content with being fat and fighting low level. Hopefully he shows something against Thompson to bring the interest back.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
                    Is that 8pm the fight will actually start or just the program?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
                      I'm not sure.

The other telecast is starting an hour earlier than BoxNation.

Here's the full card
                      Thanks. I'm just going to assume the actual program starts at 8pm and the fight, god knows. But 9pm seems possible. Not sure of the time difference to be exact in Turkey.

Comment

Working...
                      X