Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: Tim Bradley Blueprint Beat Devon Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking back, he did fight similar to Bradley. I didn't notice it on fight night, but he was smothering Devon and just being busier throughout. Showing a ability to apply different gameplans to world class opposition is definitely a good sign.

Not gonna be a champ long if he gets Kell Brook next doe.

Comment

Porter Vs. Karim Mayfield. Similar style and body types.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        Looking back, he did fight similar to Bradley. I didn't notice it on fight night, but he was smothering Devon and just being busier throughout. Showing a ability to apply different gameplans to world class opposition is definitely a good sign.

He will stop Brook.

Comment

ive been saying it for awhile alexander needs a new trainer

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
            You sometimes have to be careful with criticism because fighters can have a 'bad' night, where things are just unusually not going their way. Where they are under performing for no apparent reason. It happens in every sport practically. But in boxing, many dismiss this, a boxer has to be perfect, they can't even just have a bad night at the office. They don't have a best of seven or four series. Sometimes these guys just under perform inexplicably.

Kinda like the NCAA Tournament, basketball.
            Yes, very good post. I agree. That's one of the things that bugs me about certain boxing 'fans'. A fighter has a bad night, or goes up against a style that is a bit difficult for them, and they suddenly become 'exposed'.

If it's football, for example, a player can have a terrible year, can come back and have a great year, and people just say he had a bad year last season. But in boxing, if you lose, you become this worthless bum, who was never anything. Sad...

Even the UFC crowd is more understanding when it comes to their fighters taking losses. If your willing to fight anybody, anytime, it's gonna' happen.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
              He will stop Brook.
              Other way. Brook beats Porter and shows the promise all his fans knew he had all along.

Comment

with the head butts and everything

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post

I'm not really sold on Brook.

I think Porter can beat him.. He has more styles.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    He looked a little slow and out of it, something was off. Just like the Trout fight, he was off balance and sluggish....he did not look near top form for some reason. I know Lara did his thing but Trout was just not firing on all cylinders either. A side tangent I know, but Alexander seemed a little bit of the same......Trout though, smh.....he might be hitting the bottle pretty hard or something, we was way off his game.
                    they had a lot of footage on you tube of him training and working out and he was working hard! lara is just tough to shine against, but even vanes used a better aggressive plan that had lara off for the first few rounds. lara really came out with something to prove here and he did just that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wokingman View Post
                      I'm not really sold on Brook.

I think Porter can beat him.. He has more styles.
                      I think Porter deserves to be the favorite. Personally, I just see a more talented fighter in Brook. I'm in a small group on that one

Comment

Working...
                      X