Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Lands 41% of Power Punches on Trout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed an excellent display of boxing. Lara picks his punches well and executes his well thought out plans. Unless you only enjoy fights if it's 'rock em sock em robots', you have to like Lara as a boxing fan.

Comment

Can't believe that people are now just touting Lara lol, anyways he still need to improve and having more fights would help him improve a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        What the he!! are you talking about?
        Did you even look at the CompuBox results?

Lara threw 446 punches for twelve rounds. Power punches he landded 69 from 169 thrown for 12 rounds. That equals 5.75 power punches landed per round.

The 41% sounds goods but the real numbers of punches landed is not impressive at all

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
          Did you even look at the CompuBox results?

Lara threw 446 punches for twelve rounds. Power punches he landded 69 from 169 thrown for 12 rounds. That equals 5.75 power punches landed per round.

The 41% sounds goods but the real numbers of punches landed is not impressive at all
          Yeah, Lara is accurate, but inactive. It's cost him wins, in my opinion. If he upped his work rate, Landy would do even better. Frankly, I don't like watching the guy fight. He doesn't have the pure talent that Rigo possesses, so his inactivity is harder for me to take.

Comment

Originally posted by RawDawgHasSpokn View Post
            Hard to say where Trout's going to go from here. Not looking to good at the moment. Should never had tried to be the aggressor but I guess someone had to do it.
            He beat Cotto and arguably beat Canelo so it's not like his stock is worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              He beat Cotto and arguably beat Canelo so it's not like his stock is worthless.
              You can fall out of favor very quickly in this game. Trout isn't very appealing to watch, even in victory.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Yeah, Lara is accurate, but inactive. It's cost him wins, in my opinion. If he upped his work rate, Landy would do even better. Frankly, I don't like watching the guy fight. He doesn't have the pure talent that Rigo possesses, so his inactivity is harder for me to take.
                So frustrating. So very, very frustrating. He probably could have hurt and stopped Trout much earlier if he let that left hand go early and often. You can say that about damn near any fight he's in.

Comment

Working...
                X