No announcement yet.

Khan: I lost 13lbs a day before Weigh-In at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
    I call BS. You're trying to tell me that Alex Ariza, Tavares or whoever his conditioning coaches was at those times allowed him to be 13 lbs. over the limit a day before the weigh in?
    This....he's bull****ting. Or, more likely, done some sort of bizarro calculation and is justifying it to himself. He always said he walks around about 155 in between fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      who cares,,, if you cant make 140 without killing yourself, then maybe you should have gone to welter and saved yourself from the peterson and garcia defeats,,,,

manny and floyd are small welters, but the cut no weight, and body isnt drained and they can fight all night,,,, wish more fighters would follow their example as opposed to trying to sweat off a few extra pounds to get a cheap weight advantage
      This right here. The entire thing.

Comment

Khan lies profusely. I remember him saying on more than one occasion that he was making the weight fine and then he says he struggled, then he said he was fine and now he says he is struggling basically. In the MMA world, you have fighters who can cut 20lbs in 1 day, check Chael Sonnens weight cut to 185 with Mike Dolce. It is possibly and these guys have it down to a science. Ronda Rousey cuts 18lbs 1 day before her weigh-in and shes a woman (they find it harder to cut, don't ask me why).

He makes up so many excuses regarding his deficiencies. He looks SO stiff to me when he fights, every moment looks rigid. Look at Rigo, the guy looks smooth/fluid with every punch. Khan basically throws a nice flurry and then hes deadmeat after that against someone who can punch and is aggressive. He also can't take a punch the best and I feel its too late for him to change. He isn't the smartest guy out there either. I like Khan as a boxer but he has a lot of weaknesses as a boxer and as a person.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          amir seem like your classic bullshltter, 13 pounds day before fight and he thinks thats normal? This guy has been around long enough, he should know lol "never been kd at natural weight of 153 (with headgear on)"
          lol.. New to boxing? People do get knocked down in sparring quite often.

Even Mike Tyson was knocked down in sparring a few times, he was even knocked down by Greg Page, a fighter with 17 losses...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            who cares,,, if you cant make 140 without killing yourself, then maybe you should have gone to welter and saved yourself from the peterson and garcia defeats,,,,

manny and floyd are small welters, but the cut no weight, and body isnt drained and they can fight all night,,,, wish more fighters would follow their example as opposed to trying to sweat off a few extra pounds to get a cheap weight advantage
            Man I always wondered this. Are fighters that have to CUT weight to make weight less effective, physically (maybe mentally) at that weight?

Pacquiao Floyd Rigondeaux Ward don't have to cut weight do they?

Comment

Amir "Bam Bam Rios" Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Man I always wondered this. Are fighters that have to CUT weight to make weight less effective, physically (maybe mentally) at that weight?

Pacquiao Floyd Rigondeaux Ward don't have to cut weight do they?
                It can be a major factor. Take Pacquiao for example, his first two KO losses came about mainly because he was badly weight-drained, just like Khan was weight-drained against Prescott and Garcia.. The problem is both those fighters weren't advised correctly, they were both told to remain at the weights a little longer because their trainers/teams thought that their size advantage would help them through fights..

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                  It can be a major factor. Take Pacquiao for example, his first two KO losses came about mainly because he was badly weight-drained, just like Khan was weight-drained against Prescott and Garcia.. The problem is both those fighters weren't advised correctly, they were both told to remain at the weights a little longer because their trainers/teams thought that their size advantage would help them through fights..
                  Well I guess the only way to find out is to see how khan does at 147. Wasn't the Diaz fight at 143 or something though? 141 maybe? He was still rocked.

Comment

He could have blamed his weight partially but for Khan to say what he said means that he still didn't learn from his mistakes.

Comment

If that is true which I doubt then Khan has only himself to blame. He is his own boss and can fight at any weight he wants to fight at. It just sounds like an excuse for his recent poor showings. If he needed to lose 13 pounds the day before the weigh in to make 140 then he would still have to lose 6 pounds the day before the to make 147. If Khan's story is true and he has to reduce his weight from a lean 153 to 140 on the last day then he is a natural 154 pounder and I don't believe that. Diaz was competing as a welterweight when he signed to fight Khan. Team Khan insisted on a catchweight of 143 when Diaz would have been happy to fight Khan at 147. This does not make Khan's story of losing 13 pounds in the last 24 hours very believable. Khan would still have to lose 10 pounds in the last 24 hours to make 143. I think Khan will have the same weak chin he has always had in his fight with Mayweather and Mayweather will knock him out.

Comment

Working...
                      X