• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rigo I should say, and his reflex too!
    but no one beats ali!

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      again, 2 Southpaws as Ive said. In regards to Pac though, he's been known throughout his career for being off balance when throwing which makes allows guys to counter. There is no way you can have the best footwork and be offbalance as much as Pac is. The title of your video says it all. "insane speed". Thats what Pac has. Super fast hands & feet. Its not great footwork. His speed just makes it seem like that
      falling foward doesn't mean sht, it just shows you're putting mustard on your cross and you will go off balance if you miss a shot you were expecting to land, that doesn't mean sht

the fact that he catches himself after throwing himself off balance all the time is just further testament to his footwork, roy jones was always throwing himself off balance, but he had tremendous footwork that you wouldn't even notice, he just catches himself in a split second
      floyd on many(not that many as he is not the aggressor often) occassions himself has fallen forward after a right hand(watch judah fight as judah turns him and floyd falls on the ropes), and in fact will usually have to bring his right foot forward to catch himself after a lead right

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
        but no one beats ali!
        ali another with really great footwork

i'd say, pacquiao, roy jones, ali, toss up between pacquiao and roy jones

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
          but no one beats ali!
          He said active fighters tho the champ hasn't done the shuffle in a while if it was all time answers would differ of course.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
            He said active fighters tho the champ hasn't done the shuffle in a while if it was all time answers would differ of course.
            like I didnt answer brah

Comment

I can't believe some of you guys are mentioning GGG and footwork in the same sentence. Stalking your opponent doesn't take years of training to perfect. Why not throw in Brandon Rios and Deontay Wilder. GGG is fun to watch and is impressive but its too soon to tell how good he actually is. He has yet to be challenged.

Comment

I see a lot of Rigo,I really don't agree with that at all..

I'd have to go with,Mayweather..He has some of the best footwork of all time tbh..

Bradley Ward and Pac..Even tho Pac has poor footwork off the back foot..He has some of the best coming forward..3G is another one with some great footwork..Rigo is good,I need to see more I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  going on his entire body of work, he's run too much and taken too many rounds off. floyd's last five fights vs rigo's show a huge gap in class and professionalism. rigondeaux ran less in the donaire fight.

that fight is the only instance where he looked great for any sustained period.
                  I agree with this post..I also believe he flat out turned his back on donaire and ran..That's not footwork at all..Noway does Rigo have better footwork then Floyd..Nobody fighting right now,imo has better footwork then Floyd..Ward is the only one that comes close..

Comment

Originally posted by TonitosWay View Post
                    If people think Mayweather has top notch footwork then so does Broner
                    I don't see how this makes sense.

Mayweathers footwork is clearly vastly superior to Broners even at his advanced age.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      Even tho Pac has poor footwork off the back foot..He has some of the best coming forward.

If Pacquiao is so great with his footwork while coming forward, why does he consistently struggle to cut the ring off? He doesn't have the excuse of slow, shuffling feet like Joe Louis or Alexis Arguello, yet it's always been a big problem for him.

Originally posted by RawDawgHasSpokn View Post
                      I can't believe some of you guys are mentioning GGG and footwork in the same sentence. Stalking your opponent doesn't take years of training to perfect. Why not throw in Brandon Rios and Deontay Wilder. GGG is fun to watch and is impressive but its too soon to tell how good he actually is. He has yet to be challenged.

If cutting the ring off is so easy, why do so many fighters - even those at world level - struggle to do it? One of the things that is regularly pointed out is how good Golovkin is at closing distance and how well balanced he always is, and that is a testament to good footwork.

Comment

Working...
                      X