Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll:Danny Garcia's left hook to Khan was a lucky punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it was a 'lucky shot' at all.

In fact I don't really believe in the myth of the 'lucky punch' in professional boxing.

Garcia is a very good technical boxer, Khan has a chin of glass and pretty poor defense (being kind).

Combine those two things alone and it is no surprise that Khan got caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
      Let's put it this way, I believe Khan and Matthysse would beat Garcia in a rematch without a doubt. Garcia was a replacement fighter and Khan went at him like he was one, careless and wreckless. Khan's speed was seriously bother Garcia, he looked lost out there until that crazy shot.
      "Everyone beats Garcia in a rematch, he just gets lucky repetitively and did not earn those wins !!!!!"

Keep telling yourselves that

Comment

Let's put it this way, I believe Khan and Matthysse would beat Garcia in a rematch without a doubt. Garcia was a replacement fighter and Khan went at him like he was one, careless and wreckless. Khan's speed was seriously bother Garcia, he looked lost out there until that crazy shot.
        If they do look me up and we bet on it

Comment

I swear this lucky punch stuff cracks me up...lol

Swift wasn't lucky, Khan was....he's lucky that punch didn't catch him flush on the chin....he got rocked dropped and stopped...he's lucky he didn't get chilled!!...he was a few inches from getting iced....cold!!....he was the lucky dude that night imo

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
            I don't think it was a 'lucky shot' at all.

In fact I don't really believe in the myth of the 'lucky punch' in professional boxing.

Garcia is a very good technical boxer, Khan has a chin of glass and pretty poor defense (being kind).

Combine those two things alone and it is no surprise that Khan got caught.
            Pretty much.

I suppose someone can "get lucky" their opponent left themselves open, or got reckless at the right time, but a "lucky punch" is a different animal. Those don't happen often at all. I can't think of one off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
              Exactly. I was sitting there like, "Ohhhh, something's about to happen in a minute. I can see it."
              And Marquez landed that right hand that knocked Pac unconscious for 3 minutes.

Comment

Garcia would beat both of their asses again. Probably easier too.

Comment

Go back and look at the fight. Sure Khan was dominating with speed early on but as rounds continued Danny started landing big shots and started affecting the way Khan was boxing. They were taking a toll on him. Even Max called it.
                  Lucas would get outboxed again in a rematch. When will people learn that all Lucas does is try to set up big punches instead of trying to box? Lucas doesn't have the speed or boxing skills to beat top fighters, his power can only take him so far.

Comment

Working...
                  X