Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Demetrius Andrade fit in at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Demetrius Andrade fit in at 154?

Where does Demetrius Andrade fit in at 154 after winning the WBO title over Armenian/American Vanes Martirosyan? I still haven't seen the fight yet, but that a very good win. Does he stack up with the rest of the top 10? I think so, but being from Providence Im somewhat biased.

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Where does Demetrius Andrade fit in at 154 after winning the WBO title over Armenian/American Vanes Martirosyan? I still haven't seen the fight yet, but that a very good win. Does he stack up with the rest of the top 10? I think so, but being from Providence Im somewhat biased.
    To be honest Jab it wasn't even a very clear and decisive win for him but 154 is not so great of a division anyway so he could get far.

Comment

He's in the mix, but he didn't look particularly impressive against Vanes even in winning clearly. Then again, never did Lara and Lara's obviously among the top of the division.

Comment

His promoter need to go after Molina, Canelo could fight Rabchenko or Cotto next for the vacated WBC belt so that going to leave Molina free.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          To be honest Jab it wasn't even a very clear and decisive win for him but 154 is not so great of a division anyway so he could get far.
          There's no way that Vanes won the fight so in that sense it was decisive for Andrade. But he needs to keep getting better if he is going to have a long title reign.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            He's in the mix, but he didn't look particularly impressive against Vanes even in winning clearly. Then again, never did Lara and Lara's obviously among the top of the division.
            He never looks overwhelming, but always looks like he has more tools in his bag, if you know what I mean. Personally I don't think he's got a whole lot of time left at 154, he's a big guy for that weight and won't be able to make it forever.

Comment

nothing special but hope he does well

Comment

No one has really done anything to seperate themselves from the pack at 154. Winning that belt against Vanes definetely puts him in the mix with the top guys. Is he signed win top rank though? It'll be difficult to see him against other top fighters at 54 if he is

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  There's no way that Vanes won the fight so in that sense it was decisive for Andrade. But he needs to keep getting better if he is going to have a long title reign.
                  It wasn't decisive enough that if they scored it a draw or Vanes scraping my I would have been outraged, would have just been like Ehhh

With how he has been brought along he probably will go the Berto route and defend against of no hopers.

Comment

Andrade is just 25, has the deepest amateur pedigree in the division outside of Lara and is a big guy to boot. He will continue to improve I think, and will be one of the toughest guys to beat at 154 and 160 eventually.

His temperament may not endear him to fans of the Gatti-Ward action though, and it'll probably be hard for him to get opportunities as a defensive southpaw who isn't signed to one of the major promoters.

In a year, I think he'll be ready for anybody at 154. And not just ready to compete, he'll be ready to beat them.

Comment

Working...
                    X