No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trout To Use Lara as Audition For Bigger Things

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    I watch fights to see men FIGHT, not run around in circles or back away from fighting. If I wanted to see that I would watch track & field. There is BOXING, which is what Mayweather is doing acceptably as of late. He stood in the pocket with a drained Canelo but still stood there and outboxed him. Then there are the disgraceful runners like Lara who literally turn to one side and sprint across the ring.
    lol you mean you watch boxing to hope they don't actually box. Lara stopped Angulo in his last fight, how does he just run around, he blew his face up and made him quit.

Comment

Alvarez-Trout was such a joke. We never actually learned who the better fighter was that night because two awful judges decided that a dead even fight was over after eight rounds.

That being said, rooting for Lara to win, and I can't imagine any way where Trout looks impressive. This will probably be a controversial fight after 12. I actually don't think this fight will be boring, I think it will be an intriguing chess match.

Comment

Originally posted by RawDawgHasSpokn View Post
        100% agree. How can any true fan of the sport denounce this fight as boring? There's been an influx of guys who want to see brawls every fight, that's what UFC is for. BTW, I like Trout but he's not out-boxing Lara. SD
        Has nothing to do with wanting to see brawls. The vast majority of the people who complain about boring fights only complain when it involves someone with dark skin. The boring argument on this site is little more than an extension of the racism we see way too much of around here.

Comment

Lara is the puncher Trout needs to circle to his left move away from Lara power hand stay busy outwork him. I got Trout winning by decision

Comment

Lara does everything better than trout. Lara by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Has nothing to do with wanting to see brawls. The vast majority of the people who complain about boring fights only complain when it involves someone with dark skin. The boring argument on this site is little more than an extension of the racism we see way too much of around here.
              I don't think I agree with that. Sure there are a few people on this site that think that way but not the majority. I think knockout artists appeal more to this generation of fans, plain and simple. The Rigos, Wards, Laras and Mayweathers are not appreciated as they should be for their skill sets.

Comment

Originally posted by RawDawgHasSpokn View Post
                I don't think I agree with that. Sure there are a few people on this site that think that way but not the majority. I think knockout artists appeal more to this generation of fans, plain and simple. The Rigos, Wards, Laras and Mayweathers are not appreciated as they should be for their skill sets.
                Knockout artists and brawls have always appealed to the casual boxing fan, since the day two men stepped in a ring and fought. This generation is no different than any other generation in that regard. And like every generation, the biggest draws are the guys who win or have a significant nationalist following. Has little to do with styles.

All you have to do is pay attention to who complains most about boring fighters. It's the same ones who call Wlad the best heavyweight ever despite being the most boring fighter in the world. It's the ones who were always in the racist threads before the boring stuff started being talked about all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                  2 of the best facing each other is a rare thing. Trout hoping that the Lara robberies continue and he can sc**** by lol.
                  That gif where is that from?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by DannYankee09

2 of the best facing each other is a rare thing. Trout hoping that the Lara robberies continue and he can sc**** by lol.

Is Lara a Haymon fighter? If not, it might be worth putting some $ on Trout by decision.
                    Yes, Lara is with Haymon.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I really hope the judges give Lara a fair shake. People on a boxing site hating on pure boxers is truly ignorance . People should learn to appriciate all styles of this sport we love. It is ok to pick your shots and stick and move. Smh !

Comment

Working...
                      X