Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round by Round Scorecard for Froch v Groves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rounds five and eight. That's it. Really don't see how you could justify Froch winning any other rounds, especially among the first four.

Comment

I gave froch every round except one.

Comment

Froch won every round except the first, I gave that a 10-10 round.

it wasn't close doe

Comment

7-2 groves

Comment

Froch 2, 3 rounds at a push imo from first 8.

TKO is a legitimate way to win a fight though in case people are unsure.

Comment

Round 1: 10-8 Groves
              Round 2: 10-9 Groves
              Round 3: 10-9 Groves
              Round 4: 10-9 Groves (and Carl could have had a point deducted)
              Round 5: 10-9 Froch
              Round 6: 10-9 Groves
              Round 7: 10-9 Groves
              Round 8: 10-9 Froch

78-73 Groves

I have no idea who would have gone on to win but terrible stoppage. I'm a fan of both fighters so no agenda from me. Just very disappointed in a quality bout being erroneously ended by a poor ref (on the day).

Comment

At the time of the stoppage I had given Froch 2 rounds.

And that is false about Groves not throwing and being "hurt". He was momentarily stunned and was exchanging with Froch then tried to duck away to get off the ropes and in the center of the ring and that's when the ref stopped it.

Just a week later and people already trying to reason with the stoppage. Basically what has happened with every stupid incompetent scorecards/stoppages, people trying to accept it and just fabricating the events that took place.

Comment

I was there live and gave Froch way more than rounds than some of these ridiculous groves 1-7 rounds.

Watched the TV version and I blame Jim Watt for these over inflated Groves scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
                    I was there live and gave Froch way more than rounds than some of these ridiculous groves 1-7 rounds.

Watched the TV version and I blame Jim Watt for these over inflated Groves scorecards.
                    I agree with you about Jim Watt - which is why I didn't score the fight live & I watched it again without Jim Watt's commentary. My score of 78-73 to Groves is based on my own opinion.

And if you really think that Froch is the greatest UK boxer ever then you really don't know very much about boxing. Froch is an excellent fighter & I' chuffed to be able to watch him but.... well, anyone with even a little bit of boxing knowledge will tell you he's not the best, or ever close to it.

I truly don't mean this as one of those petty "I've forgotten more than you etc etc blah blah" posts but please learn about British Boxing history before stating stuff like that. It detracts from your posts.

Comment

Groves 1,2,3,4,6,7
                      froch 5,8

78-73

Froch threw his jab with no confidence at all. He seemed scared of Groves at times I'm sorry to say. I know the Froch diehards will have a hard time agreeing with this as apparently he was dishing out "punishment" to Groves. Something only they can see.

Comment

Working...
                      X