Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime exec says he'll reach out about a Pac May fight. It's TIME!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
    Good point.

The better deal to take for showtome and Floyd to profit is the Pac fight. I read somewhere that showtime dint make money for both guerrero and the Canelo fight. He has. 300 million deal with showtime and 6 fight contract. Showtime of course needs to make money not only floyd. In that case, Floyd must concede if the numbers points to Pac. This is dedintely a good sign. Floyd even if he wants to duck Pacquiao, he actually cant coz it takes 2 to tango and the other guy to create a good ppv event is Pacquiao.

Floyd only has 2 options khan and pac. Pac is the logical choice. If he goes for khan. That is obviously an instant duck coz there is more money to be made with pac.
    Pac keeps refusing to fight floyd and takes fights against lesser opponents for far less than $40 mil. If he wants to keep doing this there is nothing more floyd can do.

Manny would rather fight Rios and Tim and sell a combined 1.1-1.25 mil ppvs rather than fight floyd and sell over 1.5 mil for the 1st time in his career.

Its manny's choice to make and he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Pac keeps refusing to fight floyd and takes fights against lesser opponents for far less than $40 mil. If he wants to keep doing this there is nothing more floyd can do.

Manny would rather fight Rios and Tim and sell a combined 1.1-1.25 mil ppvs rather than fight floyd and sell over 1.5 mil for the 1st time in his career.

Its manny's choice to make and he did.
      Sigh.. Dude grow some common sense lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
        Sigh.. Dude grow some common sense lol
        Its ok spoon23. If I were a big manny fan and he kept refusing to fight floyd I'd be mad at him and not floyd, same as you are mad at JMM and Tim for turning down the rematches.

But hey, its ok. Alvarado and JMM just lost so Manny has potential opponents.

Comment

Its ok spoon23. If I were a big manny fan and he kept refusing to fight floyd I'd be mad at him and not floyd, same as you are mad at JMM and Tim for turning down the rematches.

Huh?? Look at my past posts I've said no to Bradley and Marquez again. That ship has sailed. It's Floyd or if floyd cant grow a pair of balls Pac should just retire. Dude pls don't put words in my mouth.
          Last edited by Spoon23; 12-03-2013, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I'll tell you what big dunn: I'm a Pac fan and a Floyd fan, I'm really just an all around boxing fanatic but truth is Floyd is the one that seems like he doesn't want this fight. Manny has always proven to not be afraid of anybody. Manny fought Margs when he didn't have to and most boxers including Floyd would never do that. That fight looked like David and Goliath.

Comment

• scared or promotional conflict?!

Hi guys,

I think even though it isn't popular to the masses, that this isn't a thing about being scared or something.
              But a thing about promotions/fighters always trying to find a way to get 100% in-house profits. That is something that can be analyzed to be quite consistent and factual.

Why don't we all try to take a different look at the matter?

Common sense would tell us that every fighter that puts his life on the line in every match would want maximum compensation+ if possible higher ranking status/prestige. Why is Broner who is so confident that he is mayweather heir and publicly calls out all fighters to fight him(public decides Maidana) why isn't he going for garanteed big pay per view money vs the Pacmans/bradley's/marquez's of the world.

To be more precise and to give the Pacman fans a chance to prove that it is actually a SHOOK type of thing between fighters. Lets turn the Table when was the last time Pacman a 100% Arum fighter fought a 100% Goldenboy fighter????

Wouldnt Pacman vs broner/danny garcia do more than a million PPV buys?

If yáll can make a case that these two organisations(TR and goldenboy) make fights together all the time recently fine than it can be a conversation about ducking.
              Please name some other recent goldenboy-Top Rank fights with PPV, if those arent existent then another case can be made that it is a promotional/dollar problem.

There are more fighters Pay per view draws than pacman and mayweather(200.000+ PPV) why aren't they mixing with rival promotions?

The assumption that fighter A or B is scared, comes across childish sometimes. In kickboxing and MMA fighters are hardly ever scared it usually boils down to dollars.

don't hate the fighters hate the promotions :-)

Comment

• Showtime better be careful in making assumptions. They might get burned like 50 cent. Showtime needs to have a long talk with Haymon and Floyd whether Floyd wants this fight or not first before going to the media.

"Pacquiao who?"

Comment

• Wont be hyped till it is signed. too many bollocks

Comment

• Originally posted by JQside View Post
                    Showtime better be careful in making assumptions. They might get burned like 50 cent. Showtime needs to have a long talk with Haymon and Floyd whether Floyd wants this fight or not first before going to the media.

"Pacquiao who?"
                    They can't get burned its a mutual deal. The contract is binding between them. If Floyd wants out. Floyd has to pay showtime the remaining of the contract.

Showtime wants PAC, coz money wise that's the way to go.
                    Last edited by Spoon23; 12-03-2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• It about time.

I can't believe that Mayweather-Alvarez did bad ppv numbers. I know for a fact his match with Guerrero was horrid & it forced Showtime to demand the Canelo fight earlier than FMJ would've liked.

Comment

Working...
                      X