Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime exec says he'll reach out about a Pac May fight. It's TIME!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The moment Floyd hears of this news he'll break every traffic law in Vegas on route to his estate. He'll be in such a rush that he forgets to turn his engine off before entering the house. Distraught and in a state of panic, he orders his children and fiancee to "Pack your bags, we gotta gtfo here!". His bodyguards waiting outside in bulletproof military grade hummers ready to take Mayweather aboard his private jet on a one-way trip to Africa. Where he will announce his retirement upon arrival.

Comment

• Thx for all your input regarding floyd and top rank/Arum!!!

Today i saw a vid on youtube that was quite powerfull and it made me doubt floyd's motive.

Public_Opinion_Says_Floyd_Mayweather_Jr_is_Afraid_ of_Manny_Pacquiao
      (i dont know how to embed vids sorry)

Basically after seeing this montaged vid you're oppinion of floyd will probably be that he is a chicken.

All the years my oppinion was that both parties(floyd-manny) were 50% to blame. As my oppinion was their effort wasn't 100% to make the deal. Eventhough pacman blatantly showed more interest in the match up than floyd. My last oppinion was that they were playing games(were acting and not genuine of making a deal) with the public.

Concrete when Mosley wanted to fight Floyd he stepped in the ring just after the last bell to challenge in front of all the PPV buyers and boxingworld, that to me is a real effort. I know pacman is a gentleman, but i dont know if he's playing games with the public regarding the fight. I mean he has Arum phone number so he does know where Arum stands regarding the fight and how realistic it is.

As it seems Floyd wants none of TR/Arum and Arum vice versa is known for inhouse fighting long before showtime vs HBO.

I don't know if it is as simple as calling fighter x,y,z a chicken. It would be the case if Floyd would fight every other TR/Arum fighter but would decline Pacman.

I also dont know if Floyd is really the one who calls the shot i believe he is ellerbe's boss but maybe big strategic power moves keyzer Soze/Al Haymann as he's the magician who knows how to get fighters rich. Maybe Floyd is Loyal to Al Hayman. Floyd was always cool with HBO(ex merchant) but he left HBO to go to showtime...

I just dont know maybe im speculating too much but i feel the promoters/bosses( hayman vs Arum)have more the influence than most think. I just dont think Pacman is that free to do as he feels when he feels like it. And eventhough Floyd profiles himself as the most independant fighter, it wouldn't be surprised if Al Hayman has a great deal of influece eventhough you'll never hear him bark in the media.

Last thing i'll say and i might receive major hate... But Broner is that dude. After the fight with Paulie he said that the public could decide who he should fight and that he would fight that opponent. That's the biggest boss move i've seen from a boxer. if he truly comes tru and the fight with maidana isn't cancelled he has a life time fan in me.

It seems noone gives him props for that move he's undefeated and he dares to but his undefeated record vs anyone that GOAT-ish. Even Pacman was being honest that after the knockout he wanted a certain type opponent. Broner was ready for everyone(except Floyd). I can't recall another boxer in a similar situation take such a big risk(undefeated record on the line).

sorry for essay :-)

Comment

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rue27Md...%3DRue27MdATl8

You mean this.

Comment

• Originally posted by I don't lose View Post
          [Floyd]Belts just collect dust[/Mayweather]

You need to come better than that.
          Showtime exec says... 11-27-2013 08:55 AM joseph5620 For being a racist pri ck. Talk boxing for once in your life.

This lame joseph red ks me for this post. racist?

Comment

• I don't even understand what Showtime is up to. The ideal thing to do is for them to talk to Floyd first if he's interested or not in the fight. If he is, then ask him what he wants and tell Arum here is what our cash cow, Floyd, wants and give me your counter offer.

At this point Showtime has to determine first if their cash cow wants the fight or not. It's not rocket science to detect whether someone wants it or not.

You can't just tell everyone that you're negotiating with the rival when you're not even sure whether your cash cow is interested or not. It's silly. Then blame the other party for blocking it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JQside View Post
              I don't even understand what Showtime is up to. The ideal thing to do is for them to talk to Floyd first if he's interested or not in the fight. If he is, then ask him what he wants and tell Arum here is what our cash cow, Floyd, wants and give me your counter offer.

At this point Showtime has to determine first if their cash cow wants the fight or not. It's not rocket science to detect whether someone wants it or not.

You can't just tell everyone that you're negotiating with the rival when you're not even sure whether your cash cow is interested or not. It's silly. Then blame the other party for blocking it.
              What makes you think that Showtime didnt gauge Mayweather's interest? You think they'd talk to Arum without doing so?

Comment

• Hi Huys,

A question regarding floyd vs Manny:

From goldenboy perspective is it worth letting floyd fight with another promotion? To be more clear lets say they split it 60 floyd and 40 manny. Will in the end this result to a higher profit compared to inhouse 100% goldenboy fights?

Can someone with basic numbers give a sketch of how this would play out PLEASE?

I mean if a 100% goldenboy fights with the likes of the canelo's(goldenboy) of the world makes goldenboy more money compared to a goldenboy and Arum/toprank fight. Wouldn't that be an important argument against floyd vs Manny?

I've always learnt that an entrepreneur's goal primarily lies with making a maximum profit.

Are you guys sure that a Floyd vs Manny makes Floyd more money than his previous bout with Canelo? And are you all sure that a Floyd vs manny fight makes Goldenboy as much money as for example against canelo? Despites the cutting of the pie.

If anyone feels confident in answering this question that would mean the world to me :-)

I've done some math and economics in school so if anyone is able to break it down with some basic numbers hypothetically that would be great and would add to some insight atleast make it easier to comprehend, the situation.

Thx in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by mourinho1 View Post
                  Hi Huys,

A question regarding floyd vs Manny:

From goldenboy perspective is it worth letting floyd fight with another promotion? To be more clear lets say they split it 60 floyd and 40 manny. Will in the end this result to a higher profit compared to inhouse 100% goldenboy fights?

Can someone with basic numbers give a sketch of how this would play out PLEASE?

I mean if a 100% goldenboy fights with the likes of the canelo's(goldenboy) of the world makes goldenboy more money compared to a goldenboy and Arum/toprank fight. Wouldn't that be an important argument against floyd vs Manny?

I've always learnt that an entrepreneur's goal primarily lies with making a maximum profit.

Are you guys sure that a Floyd vs Manny makes Floyd more money than his previous bout with Canelo? And are you all sure that a Floyd vs manny fight makes Goldenboy as much money as for example against canelo? Despites the cutting of the pie.

If anyone feels confident in answering this question that would mean the world to me :-)

I've done some math and economics in school so if anyone is able to break it down with some basic numbers hypothetically that would be great and would add to some insight atleast make it easier to comprehend, the situation.

Thx in advance
                  I thought about this too but what you got to remember is there isn't another canelo at goldenboy that Floyd can make that kind of in-house money with. A rematch isn't lucrative either.

There's no way a fight with khan brakes a million buys, I'd guess it might even do less than the Guerrero fight. Let's estimate it at 800k.

So if Floyd next fight does 800k buys, and a mayweather pacquiao fight does over 2 million, even a 50-50 split generates more for Floyd. Expect a split to be about 60/40 or 70/30 though. Lots of money to be made!

Comment

• Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
                    What makes you think that Showtime didnt gauge Mayweather's interest? You think they'd talk to Arum without doing so?
                    Showtime has zero power over Floyd when it comes to Pacquiao.
                    "Pacquiao who?"

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
                      I thought about this too but what you got to remember is there isn't another canelo at goldenboy that Floyd can make that kind of in-house money with. A rematch isn't lucrative either.

There's no way a fight with khan brakes a million buys, I'd guess it might even do less than the Guerrero fight. Let's estimate it at 800k.

So if Floyd next fight does 800k buys, and a mayweather pacquiao fight does over 2 million, even a 50-50 split generates more for Floyd. Expect a split to be about 60/40 or 70/30 though. Lots of money to be made!
                      Good point.

The better deal to take for showtome and Floyd to profit is the Pac fight. I read somewhere that showtime dint make money for both guerrero and the Canelo fight. He has. 300 million deal with showtime and 6 fight contract. Showtime of course needs to make money not only floyd. In that case, Floyd must concede if the numbers points to Pac. This is dedintely a good sign. Floyd even if he wants to duck Pacquiao, he actually cant coz it takes 2 to tango and the other guy to create a good ppv event is Pacquiao.

Floyd only has 2 options khan and pac. Pac is the logical choice. If he goes for khan. That is obviously an instant duck coz there is more money to be made with pac.
                      Last edited by Spoon23; 12-03-2013, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X