Larry Merchant: Mikey Garcia is the future of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely not.

Comment

Garcia vs Gamboa needs to happen next. Yes, he is the future of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
        i don't think so...........i personally think garcia is another ortiz.

great power decent tools but will meet his fair share of **** ups in the future.
        whaaaat .... cmon Garcia and Victor are nothing alike not personality wise and not boxing wise IMO

and i do think mickey has a very promising future, a young dude that fights like an oldschool experienced fighter, technically one of the best out there.

Comment

Merchant said that about Adamek, Arreola and probably even Seth Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
            Merchant said that about Adamek, Arreola and probably even Seth Mitchell.
            Hahaha yeah Merchant opinion its just his own and i dont really like him very much either

But u have to admit that Mickey has a bright future, he is really young and has a very very polished technique that combined with natural heavy hands.

I think he will be a tough one to beat, Gamboa fight sounds great but Gamboa has more and more personal problems everyday : /

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
              Hahaha yeah Merchant opinion its just his own and i dont really like him very much either

But u have to admit that Mickey has a bright future, he is really young and has a very very polished technique that combined with natural heavy hands.

I think he will be a tough one to beat, Gamboa fight sounds great but Gamboa has more and more personal problems everyday : /
              Oh, he's good no doubt but despite getting put down early, undermatched Salido was putting some heat on Mikey before it was stopped. Mikey's defense/chin/toughness is a bit suspect and it'll be interesting what happens when he actually fights someone his size that matches him for strength.

Comment

Working...
              X