No announcement yet.

Larry Merchant: Mikey Garcia is the future of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Merchant: Mikey Garcia is the future of Boxing

i don't think so...........i personally think garcia is another ortiz.

great power decent tools but will meet his fair share of **** ups in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post

great power decent tools but will meet his fair share of **** ups in the future.

did you really just compare Mikey to Victor Ortiz? wow

Comment

Big Dunn is a big MIkey G fan. Mikey has a clean look, isn't controversial, has a strong fanbase of support and should get plenty of good fights.

He is at lower weight class which could be problematic, but there are a number of high profile fights (Nonito, mares, rigo, Japaneese fihgter escapes my mind) that if he wins would really elevate him.

Comment

It's almost impossible to imagine a worse person to compare Mikey Garcia to. That's not much better than comparing him to Tyson Fury.

Comment

It seems as if everybody is the future of boxing nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              did you really just compare Mikey to Victor Ortiz? wow
              yes i did...............

both looked strong fighting med core guys but once they step up to the elite wacky **** starts to happen (mickey already has had wacky moments. missing weight, not going on in the salido fight) now i know his nose was broken but I've seen guys fought with broken noses (many many of times) even a broken arm..........

he was down against a very midcore martinez...........

i just don't see him as the future..........struggling with your weight alone is an ingredient for disaster (if we're talking about him being the future)
              Last edited by Godsfly; 11-21-2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

yes i did...............

both looked strong fighting med core guys but once they step up to the elite wacky **** starts to happen (mickey already has had wacky moments. missing weight, not going on in the salido fight) now i know his nose was broken but I've seen guys fought with broken noses (many many of times) even broken arms..........

he was down against a very midcore martinez...........

i just don't see him as the future..........

Mikey is a whole hell of a lot more polished at this stage than Ortiz ever will be

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  Mikey is a whole hell of a lot more polished at this stage than Ortiz ever will be
                  hummmmmmm ok

i don't think you understood my post at all.

but enjoy.................

Comment

no way,,,

garcia is much more skilled and polished than ortiz,,,

i agree that garcia wont be some ATG,, but he will be champ for sometime,,,

The kid is very skilled and poised

but i think he will have a career like his brother robert,, will be a champ but will eventually meet a corrales type guy and get ko'd.. It just wont happen for a few more years

Garcia right now is the truth, at 130

Comment

Working...
                    X