Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I doubt Ward will get that big money fight in Europe.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    Poor Ward. He will never be as popular as Kessler or Froch even though he is better. He will never be very popular period.

His last two fights weren't even boring (for him) and people still complained about him. He did all that was expected and people still cried boring.

He should probably just retire. He's cleaned out 168 and only about 30 people like him, the rest relentlessly complain about him.

Even if he moves up, he'd end up just fighting johnny-come-lately's Kovalev and Stevenson and even if he beat them no one would care anyways.

He should look for one more money fight and call it a career.

It's clear people don't like his style as evidenced by the heavily papered seats in Ontario and the constant bashing of him on here.

HBO tried they really did, but it just didn't work.

Ward was self-aware when he talked of retirement.

He has nothing left to prove.
    yes they were. oh dear lord they were boring. it was obvious dawson was completely drained and had no chance. i enjoy zombie movies but come on. rodriguez fight was hakkar-hopkins bad for 4 rounds until rodriguez stopped trying because he didnt' want to get dq'd. ward has and will never be in a good fight. his style won't allow it. if someone dangerous is in there with him he will use his clamp arms and shoulder jump to make sure they aren't allowed to get any offense off. he can't even bore people floyd-baldomir style by just running and playing defense off the ropes. i personally think he's an mma spy sent to destroy boxing.

Comment

You know Adamek was the most pleasant fighter I've met. And his wife was very nice too.
      And I met him at the Warsaw Hilton in Poland right after Vit Klitschko basically annihilated him and he was such a good sport and that's where you see the pictures of him and I. His wife actually suggested that.

Both Adamek and I had delayed fights back to the states and he hung out in the lobby for literally hours.

My oldest brother accidentally brought up the Chad Dawson fight so I kind of had to shush him since Vit just whipped him.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        yes they were. oh dear lord they were boring. it was obvious dawson was completely drained and had no chance. i enjoy zombie movies but come on. rodriguez fight was hakkar-hopkins bad for 4 rounds until rodriguez stopped trying because he didnt' want to get dq'd. ward has and will never be in a good fight. his style won't allow it. if someone dangerous is in there with him he will use his clamp arms and shoulder jump to make sure they aren't allowed to get any offense off. he can't even bore people floyd-baldomir style by just running and playing defense off the ropes. i personally think he's an mma spy sent to destroy boxing.
        The Edison Miranda fight was the worst. That's like the bellweather for bad.
        So even if he's boring I go to most boring when making comparisons.

LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Agreed. There's simply not enough people wanting to watch Ward. He is too boring and too dirty.
          Don't worry, both you and I will be watching him though.

Comment

An MMA spy sent to destroy boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Ward thinks he is about to get big bucks. He thinks he has earned the right. What he doesn't understand (and you dont understand) is that boxing is not only a sport, it's also a business in the entertainment industry. Ward does not entertain. He bores.

Ward thinks he is entitled to an ****ngous sum of dough if he was to travel to Europe. Well the money just isn't there. He is too dull and too dirty. I understand that tickets where given away in his own state of California. He couldn't sell out even in his own home state! Pretty telling. And then one would think that we where about to witness the new Ward after he actually set down on his punches against Glass Jawson, but it was back to his old boring, dirty, non PED tested self.

Stop worrying about how much money Ward is making, I am sure he is making a lot more that you are! This is boxing...NOT A Fukin Money Earning Contest! Ward don't need to Denmark or Nottingham, they are the ones Including their fans that are Butt Hurt over the fact that Ward kicked his a$$ the first fight...You want the #2 P4P Best in the world to travel, it is going to fukin cost you...AND RIGHTFULLY SO!

Than again when someone wants revenge they COME AND TAKE IT, they don't make it come to them...further proof that Kessler and Froch are BLUFFING about a Ward rematch just to appeal to their stupid fans...They can fight his Denmark, Kessler Sister and Mother could be one of the Judges with his Trainer as the Ref and HE WILL STILL LOSE. Ward STOPS Kessler!
              Last edited by sicko; 11-18-2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

95% or more fighters won't be in big money ppv fights so if Ward doesn't make it, so be it. He will still generate good money.

The fans who keep claiming that he's boring are still watching him. You sound like hypocrites, lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  You know Adamek was the most pleasant fighter I've met. And his wife was very nice too.
                  And I met him at the Warsaw Hilton in Poland right after Vit Klitschko basically annihilated him and he was such a good sport and that's where you see the pictures of him and I. His wife actually suggested that.

Both Adamek and I had delayed fights back to the states and he hung out in the lobby for literally hours.

My oldest brother accidentally brought up the Chad Dawson fight so I kind of had to shush him since Vit just whipped him.
                  Tony Thompson and his team where the nicest duodes I met. I spent an afternoon at a German hotel with them the day before the Pulev fight. They where genuinely Nice guys. Tony really wanted Tyson Fury bad. I hope he can get him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    Don't worry, both you and I will be watching him though.
                    Yeah, but Joe Average will not.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Stop worrying about how much money Ward is making, I am sure he is making a lot more that you are! This is boxing...NOT A Fukin Money Earning Contest! Ward don't need to Denmark or Nottingham, they are the ones Including their fans that are Butt Hurt over the fact that Ward kicked his a$$ the first fight...You want the #2 P4P Best in the world to travel, it is going to fukin cost you...AND RIGHTFULLY SO!

Than again when someone wants revenge they COME AND TAKE IT, they don't make it come to them...further proof that Kessler and Froch are BLUFFING about a Ward rematch just to appeal to their stupid fans...They can fight his Denmark, Kessler Sister and Mother could be one of the Judges with his Trainer as the Ref and HE WILL STILL LOSE. Ward STOPS Kessler!
                      He wants the big bucks though. I'm saying that he wont find them in Europe even if he discovered his passport.

And yeah. He probably outearns me a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X