No announcement yet.

Andre Ward is a digrace to Ireland.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    I left and went to the store. Didnt give a fuk who won or lost. Came back and the same shlt was going on!
    Let's be real, last time you left your house was when Pac had a press conference and you went to shake his hand and then not wash it for life.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
      Blows my mind how much hate ward gets.ward is in a different league. Same hate Roy jones got in his prime u flakes are giving to ward. Appreciate skill and chill
      This is some real talk.

Half of the posters in this thread should just watch ufc's stand up game.

I love brawlers as much as the next guy but as a fan of the sweet science I also like to be amazed by displays of skill that are on a different level to rock em sock em robots

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        You may have a point, but that would not garner him any respect in county Tipperary.
        Tipperary have they started eating sandwiches now while watching the boxing as well good god what a hurling loving county it is.

Comment

S.O.G

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
            First time in years I've turned off the T.V from boxing.

I can't even remember the last time I did that.
            Yeah I fell asleep like 6 rounds in. Struggled to rewind the recording to see what I missed. The fact that most of the crowd excitement came from jabs tells you all you need to know about this abortion of a "boxing" match.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
              Yeah I fell asleep like 6 rounds in. Struggled to rewind the recording to see what I missed. The fact that most of the crowd excitement came from jabs tells you all you need to know about this abortion of a "boxing" match.
              This was the dirtiest fight I've seen all year and that includes Hops v Murat but to be fair, it was Rodriguez who was initiating most of the crap and Ward, as any fighter, obliged.

People who have known me on here for a while know than I'm not the biggest fan but after what I saw last night....I'm still not a fan but I can't argue with Ward being P4P No. 2, his jab is one of the best in the game, his left hook is terrific, his switch from body to head is as good as any I've ever seen and he is one tough mother****er.

The only downside I see in Ward is his physical lack of power, 9 KOs in 20 victories, he didn't shake Rodriguez till round 11 after a night of extensive punishment. This is why fights against the likes of Kovalev and Stevenson would be so interesting, both those guys can box but are mean ass SOBs with incredible power. How would Ward discourage bigger, harder hitting men? How would Ward cope with guys nearing 190lbs on fight night as they lean their heavy bodies on Ward during clinches?

Both the Stevenson AND Kovalev fights need to happen for Ward to define himself as great. GGG has no business fighting at 168, he wouldn't get through Kessler let a lone Froch or Ward. The only fight at super middle I'm interested in for Ward is the Froch rematch, other than that, Ward has to move up to light heavy or he'll be mocked fighting bums at 168.

Comment

Ward landed "much" cleaner and harder than Mayweather did against Canelo. Don't compare those two fights. Ward truly outclassed this opponent and didn't see it as boring at all. Of course, the other guy had little defense and little offense other than roughhouse tactics.

Comment

What's the difference between a hospital and a caravan?

You can fit more wards in a caravan.

Comment

Can we get Ward in flat cap and drinking a pint of the black stuff?

The Irish are natural risk takers. Ward is no Tommy the Tortoise that's for sure:

Comment

That was an ugly siht fight.I have tried on a many occasions to defend Andre's style but,that bobbing forward hard with his head first to clinch is repulsive.I ain't prepared to sit through his next fight unless it is someone real noteworthy,I think I would like to see him against Kovalev,just to see how he deals with that raw power,but you get the feeling Ward will kill the fight with his clinching,arm holding and butting.

Comment

Working...
                      X