Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Reiss is a ****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude bossed it, he let both guys know that he wasn't messing around...he did his job.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      What bias? He warned both fighters. Rodriguez was hardly doing much better than Ward before he intervened.
      It was an even fight, Rodriguez was in the fight landing big shots on the inside. After the ref intervened, he was nowhere.

If Luis Pabon didn't split them, they'd be having 3 minute holds. Saying "work out" doesn't magically mean they'll break up. It rarely works.
      Not true. Moreover, you have to give the fighters a chance to work out. Luis Pabon's performance was terrible, he should have first told the fights to work out and then warned Wlad for repeatedly holding if he refused to fight on the inside. Instead he let Wlad hold, do no work inside and ruined the bout.

If a ref automatically just splits the fighters up when they get close, the guy who is no good at close quarters can just hold his opponent and wait for the ref.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 11-17-2013, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Where does he get off threatening a fighter's purse? changed the course of the fight which was competitive until that point.

Where were the threats to DQ when Ward was headbutting Kessler? another headbutt tonight, and he did nothing?

HBO horrible one-sided commentary too.
        Fight was hideous before that. It wasnt boxing. No offense, but maybe Hatton colors your view?

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
          Fight was hideous before that. It wasnt boxing. No offense, but maybe Hatton colors your view?
          This is my point, Ward's fights are almost always "hideous" (especially to casuals). Other opponents have had to put up with it but the one time Ward gets some back, the ref deliberately steps in. He didn't step in when Ward was roughing up Kessler, and won't step in the next time Ward is doing it to an opponent - that's my complaint.

That's not a criticism of Andre Ward, he's a rough-house fighter as well as a skilled boxer. Just like Hopkins. It's a criticism of the double standard of refereeing.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 11-17-2013, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Thats what happens when you hit the ref on the break.

Comment

Where does he get off threatening a fighter's purse? changed the course of the fight which was competitive until that point.

Where were the threats to DQ when Ward was headbutting Kessler? another headbutt tonight, and he did nothing?

HBO horrible one-sided commentary too.

Exactly.

Ward instigated the holding; it was disgusting.

Comment

It was disgusting in the first 4 rounds... It was a lot of holding, holding when hitting, and hitting behind the head... A lot of dirty stuff...

And let's not forget, he did take 2 points away from Ward...

The reality is when he threatened their purse, and took away points Rodriguez officially had no answer to the skill level he was facing... It had nothing to do with the refereeing

I mean... Goodness gracious people are ridiculous with unexciting American fighters aren't they

Just becuz a guy's got some defense, and is unfortunate enough to not be blessed with punching power he has to suffer for making due... No credit is given for his mastery of and dedication to his craft... Something more gifted fighters fail to do (Victor Ortiz)... The only way to avoid accidental headbutts is to run, and God save the American fighter that uses that strategy whhuuuu...

Comment

Ward: "Jack Reiss did a tremendous job"

yeah...

He did a tremendous job for Ward in the Kessler fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

He did a tremendous job for Ward in the Kessler fight.
                    I don't see you complaining about him allowing Postol to clinch and clamp Matthysse's arms last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      I don't see you complaining about him allowing Postol to clinch and clamp Matthysse's arms last night.
                      Freedom is a ***ing idiot. He bumped a two year old thread to comment on ward Kessler... What a dumbass

Comment

Working...
                      X