Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ellerbe: "Mayweather vs Khan isn't done deal yet. Contracts arent signed"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a load of guff this 'interview' was. Leonard Ellerby comes across as such an oily arse-licker.

Just say you have no comment to make because you haven't discussed anything with Floyd yet.

Comment

• Khan can beat mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        Well this is good news. The only better news is it never gets signed.

Call me crazy, but I bet SHowtime and GBP are PRAYING that Maidana beats Broner badly so they can make floyd/maidana. I just can't believe amir khan is going to get this fight.

Even if you think floyd deserves a "easy fight" (which I don't) coming off Canelo this is just not a good fight.

I got to disagree with you on Showtime and GB hoping Maidana wins. I think Broners being groomed as a PPV fighter and they don't want him to lose to Maidana. If he beats the piss out of Broner I could see him leapfrogging Khan or Alexander to get a Floyd fight but that isn't ideally what they want. I think they put Broner in there hoping he boxes The ***** out of Maidana similar to what Alexander did but be able to KO him. I just feel they want Broner to keep winning to get a Floyd fight down the road.
        I view it the same as Garcia / Matthysse fight. Haymon had Garcia already in the pocket but signed Matthysse so just in case Lucas won they could still use him instead of Garcia but Ideally Haymon wanted Garcia to win. Haymon wants Broner to win but if Maidana can win they still have him in the pocket and can controll the options A good back up plan.
        I just feel that we the fans tend to think 1 or 2 fights down the road and Haymon has a 5 year plan were stuck playing checkers he's playing chess. Just my opinion could be way off.

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        MY issues with the khan fight-

Khan sucks.
        Danny beat Khan and the guy who was gonna get the floyd fight if he beat Danny
        Khan sucks
        I'd prefer floyd fight sergio ay 160, Bradley @ 147 or Manny @ 147
        Khan is a f@ggot
        There are more established ww's. I'm ****ING tired of ww's fighting JWW's moving up.
        I agree with Dunn about Khan ( Khan sucks Khan is a f@ggot) best post of the day. I've stated earlier that if Khan fought Alexander the winner I feel would deserve a shot at Floyd but If Khan gets the fight without fighting or beating anyone worth mentioning in the last 2 years then the fights total BS. I don't care how popular he is ( Virgil hunter yesterday didn't even sound confident in Khan when asked about a potential fight between the 2).
        I know Khan for whatever reason has allot of weight behind him as far as the networks and promoters go but at least let him earn a shot don't hand it to him because he's popular. Even Canelo who I feel has been handed things throughout his career fought Trout first( I thought he lost) but at least he fought him

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
          What a load of guff this 'interview' was. Leonard Ellerby comes across as such an oily arse-licker.

Just say you have no comment to make because you haven't discussed anything with Floyd yet.
          The ultimate yes-man.

Comment

• I don't know who Floyd is going to fight next, but the claim he is not even thinking about who he is going to fight next is utter BS.

Negotiations, and potential opponents is exactly the kinda thing Floyd and his camp are infamous for lying about. Floyd is defensive and secretive about who he may fight, and his team as adopted this view. We know for a fact Floyds team contacted Spadafora, but Floyds team denies this 100%. They can't admit, they were just exploring all options, however unrealistic. Floyd has repeatedly done this, denied what we know to be fact, whenever he believes that fact harms his ego.

Lets face it, Ellerbe is a liar, because that's whats needed to be Floyds promoter. You have to toe the line of egotism, and worship Floyd. It's pathetic, yet shrewd of Ellerbe, I don't believe he actually worships Floyd, but he knows that is what he must say to stay in his graces.

Floyd may be a compulsive liar, and he is, but he's also the best. Whoever, he fights next, especially any welter, is going to lose easily. I respect Floyds unparalleled skills, I just wish he wasn't such a liar and an egomaniac, he doesn't need to be like that.
            Last edited by BrokenHat; 11-13-2013, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Amir Khan is a garbage fight, 400,000 PPV buys. If it makes dollars, it makes sense? This fight is making jack shit if ever gets made.

Comment

• This fight is growing on me actually. I am starting too like the idea of Floyd beating the snot out of A mere con.

It would be cruel but so suspenseful. Edge of your seat just waiting for Khan to get lit up and produce a full tap dancing routine.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  You'll be another one lapping it up when it gets announced and your excuse will probably look like...

"Floyd deserve an easy fight"

"He a smart binnis man"

"nobody else is available"

"Khan a hungry lion"

I`ve already said that i`m not interested in a Floyd/Khan fight.If he takes that fight imma be disappointed, but i`m not gonna knock him because he`s been fighting nothing but top quality opposition for eight years straight.And he`s always seek out top quality opposition to fight,while Pedquiao often ducked and dodged the most dangerous fighters like Zahir Raheem and Nate Campbell,but nobody said anything about it.To you people,its ok for Pedquiao to have a easy fight with Rios but its not ok for Floyd too take a easy fight.

Comment

• I believe there has been no formal talks or contracts signed. That would be stupid when a better opponent can create themselves by the years end. Is Khan a possibility sure he is; is it a forgone conclusion he has the fight hell no.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                      The ultimate yes-man.
                      He's rich thanks to Floyd and does mayweather promotion stuff, why wouldn't he be nice? Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X